Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #1

Any Heartland owner's out there?

I am looking at Heartland 5th wheels and would appreciate any feedback on the trailers and how Heartland has responded to any issues that have come up, positive or negative.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #2

We are on our second Heartland product. The company has outstanding customer service.
They build a very good unit and for for their price point I believe they are second to none.

You didn't say what model you were looking at. Of the full profile models the "ladder" runs like this:
Landmark
BigHorn
Big Country

These three are all built in the same same plant. There are differences in them beyond just trim levels but if you find a good dealer you can just about order anything you like from one model to the next.
Here is a tour of Plant #2 back in October:Clouds and Oceans: More MorRyde and a Heartland Tour

You can also gain lots of information on the Heartland Owners forum here:Heartland Owners Forum - Forum Portal

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SouthernNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #3

We bought the big country 3251ts and love the storage space and general comfort of the layout, especially the moveable island. Very well designed
Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #4

Owned and full-time in our Big Country 3500RL for the past 4 years. You will not find a better towing unit for the cost and size. Very solid unit and the 7k axles were my 1st choice.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #5

We have a 2010 Bighorn and are very pleased with it. But like any other RV there is always something to tinker with. As said above the Heartland forum is great for info.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I know you can get a ton of features on a BigHorn that are awsome.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #7

We purchased a 2012 Heartland Elkridge 34QSRL last Aug. and so far we are very pleased with it. Good value for the money and seems like a well built unit. Looking forward to many years with it.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #8

Just picked up our 2013 Bighorn 3010RE today. Can't wait to take it on its maiden voyage!!! Love the layout.
PointyWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernNite View Post
We are on our second Heartland product. The company has outstanding customer service.
They build a very good unit and for for their price point I believe they are second to none.

You didn't say what model you were looking at. Of the full profile models the "ladder" runs like this:
Landmark
BigHorn
Big Country

These three are all built in the same same plant. There are differences in them beyond just trim levels but if you find a good dealer you can just about order anything you like from one model to the next.
Here is a tour of Plant #2 back in October:Clouds and Oceans: More MorRyde and a Heartland Tour

You can also gain lots of information on the Heartland Owners forum here:Heartland Owners Forum - Forum Portal
Thanks for the Heartland Owners forum site, been on it. We are looking at the Greystone line. I was told by the salesman automatic levelers could be ordered on the any of the Heartland 5th wheels but don't know if that is true as I have only seen them on a Big Country.

Thanks to everyone who has replied to me, I appreciate your comments and your experiences with Heartland.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #10

Heartland RV Club
We are thinking of buying a 2013 Heartland Big Country 3450TS. We currently have a forest River 30 ft trailer with 2 slides. We want more room, and a 5th wheel answers my wish. Has anyone had any problems with a Big Country? I understand they "may" have had some issues with pipes bursting but it may have been because people were using their fireplace or electric space heaters instead of their furnace during cold nights. The BC is a great looking unit and appear to be well built with attention to detail. Anyone have any thoughts???
Old 02-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #11

Heartland RV Club
Question Should we buy a 2013 Heartland Big Country???

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss kathie View Post
We are thinking of buying a 2013 Heartland Big Country 3450TS. We currently have a forest River 30 ft trailer with 2 slides. We want more room, and a 5th wheel answers my wish. Has anyone had any problems with a Big Country? I understand they "may" have had some issues with pipes bursting but it may have been because people were using their fireplace or electric space heaters instead of their furnace during cold nights. The BC is a great looking unit and appear to be well built with attention to detail. Anyone have any thoughts???
Old 02-17-2013, 04:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss kathie View Post
I have not heard of pipes bursting on any Heartland product. HL uses PEX just like all other manufacturers. They also use poly alloy fittings so they can be sold in California again, like all manufacturers.

The problem of water leaks usually can be traced back to a poor crimp on one of the fittings-not a pipe bursting. I think you may have that chance with any brand you look at.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SouthernNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
We are on our third Heartland unit, two Bighorns and now a Landmark. We changed because of floorplans and length and now have the one we want to keep.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #14

Heartland Bighorn

We have a 2012 Bighorn 3070RL, didn't want a real long or heavy FW to pull but of course wanted every bell and whistle. Oh ya and didn't want to pay more than $40K. We hunted and hunted and were willing to drive a day or so to purchase one. Went over our budget a few K but got everything we wanted, 2nd AC and WD.
We are spending our 2nd snowbird season in Florida. Yes we have had a few problems, everyone does no matter what the price. Yes Heartland responded to my satisfaction and on a non-problem Lippert was just as helpful. They are all made up with componets from other manufacturers and they have problems also.
I'm a satisfied Heartland Bighorn owner. Check them out.

Westwind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland