RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2019, 10:55 AM   #1

Any Non-TH 5th Wheels W/ Decks?

Hi All! We are searching high and low for fifth wheels that have side or back patios, but we are not interested in toy haulers due to their length. We love the Wildcat 29rkp with side patio that was made for a few years but we are wondering...is this our only option?

Thank you for your help!

KaitAndMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaitAndMarc View Post
Hi All! We are searching high and low for fifth wheels that have side or back patios, but we are not interested in toy haulers due to their length. We love the Wildcat 29rkp with side patio that was made for a few years but we are wondering...is this our only option?

Thank you for your help!
I saw a rear deck this summer at a campground. Im thinking it was a sierra. Let me see what i can find. I know they exist currently.

After a quick search it looks like jayco makes one with a side deck and kz makes one with a rear deck.

Jshopes81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:22 PM   #3

KZ has a large mid bunk with rear deck:

https://www.kz-rv.com/products/duran...s/G382MBQ.html

Open Range made a tall travel trailer a few years back with a side deck, have to find that one...
Tdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshopes81 View Post
I saw a rear deck this summer at a campground. Im thinking it was a sierra. Let me see what i can find. I know they exist currently.

After a quick search it looks like jayco makes one with a side deck and kz makes one with a rear deck.
Ah yes, the Jayco Pinnacle 39SPQS had a side patio, they stopped making that in 2018 I think.

Here’s that Open Range, looks like it was available as a 5er, and the patio was optional:

https://atvingpa.com/forums/ubbthrea...345RLS_with_Pa
Old 12-01-2019, 05:18 PM   #5

Thank you for the replies! We are looking for something smaller - ideally under 38 feet.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:42 PM   #6

Why are you trying to stay under 38ft? Just curious.

There are alot of toyhaulers around 30ft. The raptor 300mp is a nice little trailer. Im pretty sure every maker has one in that size range.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Thank you for the replies! We are looking for something smaller - ideally under 38 feet.
Heartland makes one with a side patio, but can't remember which one. I think it is a Big Country and a Gateway
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/ 4:10 rearend
2016 E-Z-Go Golf Cart 2 Dachshunds DJ & Joey
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #8

Quote:

Thank you for your help!
I recently read a post elsewhere, about these, and the one thing that an owner said was that it could be a chore finding a CG site that would accommodate his length with the rear patio and in talking to others with side patios, it could be worse unless you had one with a very shallow patio. Now, if you're boondocking... :-)

Lyle
Old 12-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #9

Thank you again for the recommendations, but it looks like these are all 40 ft+. We want to stay under 40 because of where we like to go. So far, in terms of fifth wheels with decks that are under 40 feet, we've only found the Cougar 338Pat and the Wildcat 29rkp. It's looking like these may be the only options on the shorter end...

Thanks again, all!
Old 12-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Thank you again for the recommendations, but it looks like these are all 40 ft+. We want to stay under 40 because of where we like to go. So far, in terms of fifth wheels with decks that are under 40 feet, we've only found the Cougar 338Pat and the Wildcat 29rkp. It's looking like these may be the only options on the shorter end...

Thanks again, all!
A shorter toyhauler is out then?
Old 12-03-2019, 12:55 PM   #11

That Cougar 338Pat looks pretty cool. That would be a nice rig to back up to the fence of a racetrack on a sunny day.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdave View Post
That Cougar 338Pat looks pretty cool. That would be a nice rig to back up to the fence of a racetrack on a sunny day.
Be even more cool if the rear patio was an elevator, along the lines of a race trailer! :-)

Lyle
Old 12-03-2019, 03:16 PM   #13

If you already looked then sorry, but why not just buy a custom foldable deck? They make some nice looking ones that are basically addons to your 5th wheel that fold straight up when not in use.
Pyropete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:29 PM   #14

We definitely aren't opposed to shorter toy haulers so long as the garage and living areas aren't a combo space, so I should have said we aren't interested in most shorter toy haulers! I occasionally run into some toy haulers under 38 feet that have separate garage/living areas and they are on our list. If anyone has any additional recommendations, please let us know! Thank you!

Tags
5th wheel