Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #29

With our Big Foot system, we lower the front levelers to disconnect, hit auto level, then the rear levelers drop one at a time, and the system finishes leveling the 5th wheel using one leveler at at time. At no time do our levelers work together unless it is lifting the front to connect/disconnect. Because NuWa used a custom built Young's frame, there is no frame twist. And we can manually move the levelers too by moving one jack, just the front jacks, just the rear jacks, and the jacks on each side. It is a very nice system that we would not want to be without.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2015, 04:49 PM   #30

If you have the new style automatic controller, it will work the way I described.

This HWH Video will convince you why. HWH, Lippert, and Big Foot all work this way today.

Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:51 PM   #31

At Quartzsite, Lippert leases a local RV shop and does installs on level up. Great opportunity to have Lippert do the work,
Old 01-03-2016, 08:54 AM   #32

levelup

Our signature unit has been stored in a climate controlled garage when not used, since new - doesn't get a lot of use. I took it to Lippert factory 2 yrs ago and had the 6 point level up system installed, for a very reasonable price. The best camper option I have ever bought! No problems to date. I do try to remember to exercise them during storage; but don't always get it done. Go for it, you will not regret it.
Rod

04 Everest 343L, 07 Chevy 3500 SRW,4x4,D/A,ext.cab
R.G.Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:31 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanguy View Post
At Quartzsite, Lippert leases a local RV shop and does installs on level up. Great opportunity to have Lippert do the work,

How much are they charging for the install?
Old 01-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G.Wise View Post
......... I took it to Lippert factory 2 yrs ago and had the 6 point level up system installed, for a very reasonable price........
Rod
Rod, I tried to find a contact number for Lippert retail sales in Elkhart and was unsuccessful. Do you have a number?

Thanks
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #35

I bought a 2010 DRV 36TKSB with 4slides last spring. I had the dealer I was buying it from have it taken to Lippert to upgrade the system to the One Touch Level-Up system. I did a lot of research on the unit prior to purchasing our unit and my upgrade did not need any additional leveling jacks (had the 6 req'd) and only required a control panel and motor upgrade what i and the cost was about $1500 and one day to install. Depending on your unit you may only need a board and pump but if you need extra cylinders or pump you can expect to pay $4500-$5000. Also, I would take it to the Lippert Service Center in Goshen Indiana because if you need new or replacement parts while they are doing the they will have them vs. an independent dealer that may require parts and have to order them.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #36

At the time, I just looked up number on line, called and asked for a price from their service dept. If I find my service bill from them I will post the number. Oh, I went to the service dept in Elkhart, IN.

04 Everest 343L, 07 Chevy 3500 SRW,4x4,D/A,ext.cab
R.G.Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:34 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
The fivers we are looking at do NOT include auto-level. Has anyone installed an aftermarket version? Difficulty?

Thanks,
Zac
Lippert has a new system, Level-Up Evolution, that promises to be easy to install and otherwise improve leveling. It's not on the market yet. There's not much info about it yet available but here is Lippert's page about it:
http://www.lci1.com/level-up-evolution

Tags
install