Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2018, 09:13 PM   #1

Question Anyone using a PullRite Superlight hitch in a Ford 6 3/4' short bed?

OK folks I have searched this hitch here and have read a lot. I am looking at getting the PullRite Superlite hitch.
ISR Series SuperLite Four Point (4P) Rail Mounted Fifth Wheel Hitch | Fifth Wheel Hitches by PullRite

I currently have a long bed, but looking at a new F250/350 short bed supercab with the 6 3/4' box with fords 5th wheel package.

Pullrite makes an adapter rail
OE Series Ford Industry Standard Adapter | Fifth Wheel Hitches by PullRite
That fits the Ford system. I like this set uo as I can use my existing Reese GN hardware too that fits the standard rail

Is anyone using this set up in a Ford 6 3/4' short bed and how are the clearance issues if the king pin adapter is in the forward position?

Any help is appreciated.

BTW - please don't recommend any slider systems or other hitch brands including the Anderson as I have been there before.

My GD Reflection 220RK does come with a turning point hitch that can be used with a standard fifth wheel hitch that will also work in the short box if this does not. I have an existing 18 year old Rees 15K that I can use, but the jaws have some slop in them- thus the looking at this new hitch. And yes I know I can replace the jaws.

Thanks for any help

YODA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2018, 06:08 AM   #2

I have a 2016 F250 with the Ford prep (pucks) in the box. I have a pullrite superglide with the Reese adapter from puck to ISR. Reese adapter was cheaper to purchase at the time. They looked identical. With the adapter and my hitch I can see the saddle on the hitch in my rear view so hooking up is easy. Only thing I added to my hitch was sleeves on the saddle capture pins. Stops the saddle from moving up and down. Pullrite also replaced at no cost to me the roller pin with castle nut in the lower track. My hitch had the serated lock nut and it kept coming loose. Other than the weight of the adapter and hitch we really like this setup. Been south to Florida and to canadian East coast with no issues and no worries. I have rigged an atv winch up in my garage to lift it out and in.

Ymmv

RoadrunnerII

Old 05-24-2018, 06:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
I have a 2016 F250 with the Ford prep (pucks) in the box. I have a pullrite superglide with the Reese adapter from puck to ISR. Reese adapter was cheaper to purchase at the time. They looked identical. With the adapter and my hitch I can see the saddle on the hitch in my rear view so hooking up is easy. Only thing I added to my hitch was sleeves on the saddle capture pins. Stops the saddle from moving up and down. Pullrite also replaced at no cost to me the roller pin with castle nut in the lower track. My hitch had the serated lock nut and it kept coming loose. Other than the weight of the adapter and hitch we really like this setup. Been south to Florida and to canadian East coast with no issues and no worries. I have rigged an atv winch up in my garage to lift it out and in.

Ymmv

RoadrunnerII
Your set up will be different with the ball and socket My comment was on the puck and adapter setup.

RoadrunnerII
Old 05-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #4

Can’t help you with the SuperLite, I have an Andersen. I just moved my block so the ball will be behind the kingpin. With it in front of the kingpin the pin box was rubbing on my rails for my tonneau cover when backing into my driveway. I haven’t towed with it that way yet.

If you haven’t seen it yet there is a 5th wheel section at the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum. Someone there may be able to help you.

Tags
ford, light