Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-29-2016, 06:07 PM   #1
Arctic Fox 5Th Wheel

We have narrowed down our search to these two models. 29-5T or 32-5M does anybody here have one, and any thoughts. Thanks

2007 Arctic Fox 25r
2012 Ford F-150 4x4 Platinum EcoBoost
Fishhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
Outdoors RV Owners Club
try over in the Outdoors RV area. That's the probably the closest to Arctic Fox.

Silverdillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:57 PM   #3
Best thing to do would be to register on the Northwood Owners Forum.

We were talking to Apache RV about a 29-5T. They said 27-5L is selling like hot cakes. People like the small size trailer and the fact that it can be towed with a single rear wheel truck.

We would love to have the fully enclosed bath of the 32 or the 27 but we don't need extra length/weight of the 32. The 29 is 2' longer than the 27 but it seems like it has twice the room inside.
Campernewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:57 PM   #4
I have purchased from Apache several times, they are wonderful to deal with. I have an Arctic Fox trailer and think it is one of the best built units. Buy the model you like and keep the weight within the limits of you tow vehicle.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:09 AM   #5
Great reputation.

They'd be a much larger company if they had a better group of dealers all over the U.S. I think the dealer nearest to me (Alabama) is Pennsylvania.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #6
I think lower production with higher quality is better for both Arctic Fox and their customers. You can grow your business to be many times larger and your profit will be no higher. There is usually a sweet spot and I think they have found it.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:45 PM   #7
arctic fox

Have a 2015 355-z which is their largest 5th wheel.

Bought it new last November and lived in it 3 nights a week in Gillette, Wyoming from Nov-March.
Bought an auxiliary 120 gal propane tank and had it skirted.
First week in it we had -17 weather and was not a problem. During the winter we kept the furnace at 68, the fireplace on high and had one electric radiator style heater on most days. We had the propane tank filled every 6 weeks. As for being a true 4 season rig, you'd better have it skirted as there's a noticeable difference without one.
Now that we don't live in it, my only regret is I wished for a smaller unit.

This spring we put 4k miles on it on a 3 week trip through Wy, Ut, Nv, and Eastern Ca. Tons of mountain driving, no problems.

If i had a 2nd chance, I'd go with another Arctic fox, no complaints whatsoever.
kotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #8
We have a 29-5T. Love it. Heavy but tough. We have dragged it almost 14K miles since we bought it last summer. No issues but we did swap out the ST tires for LTs.

After it is out of warranty, who needs a dealer.. many parts are "generic" to the industry. What is different about the AF is the build. I have friends that have much larger and lighter rigs but they seem flimsy to me.

Northwood is suffering (as all manufactures) from some build quality so if you buy new, go over it closely.

If you buy one, you will have to upgrade your TV..
2010 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5T
grassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:16 PM   #9
My wife and I have a 27-5L. It is a perfect size for the two of us; large enough to be comfortable (love the floor plan), but small enough to get around fairly easy in. But, we pull it with an F350 dually. I suppose you could pull it with an SRW, but I wouldn't. Northwood makes very heavy trailers. We have had minimal problems with it (2016 model). I expect to have it for many years. We had an Arctic Fox 990 camper for 8 years prior to buying our fifth wheel and never had any problems with it.
Johndaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:53 PM   #10
I have the 29 5K. We love ours.
ankie3467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:18 AM   #11

We own a 2013 27-5L 5th Wheel and love it. Like already noted it's heavy. Our fully loaded ready to camp weighs in at 11,500 lbs. with a pin weight of 2440.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L, B&W Hitch, Reese 5th Airborne , Dual Pane Windows, TriMetric 2025RV. Honda EU2000i, All LED Lighting. Winfield Cross Brace Stabilizer. 2002 F350 7.3 Powerstroke, 6 Speed, 4X4 with lots of upgrades. USN Retired.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:24 AM   #12
We purchased a new 27-5L from Apache in Portland OR. I'm happy so far. A few minor things, but they're covered under warranty. The size is perfect for my wife and I. We tow it with a 2015 2500 Ram, diesel. No issues with it at all. Don't feel the semi wash that we used to get with our 2008 Safari Simba.

krf9113 is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel