Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #1

Artic Fox 5er's

Looking around on several Forum's.
Can't find any problems with Artic Fox 5er's,
Are they that Good?

Duffy

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #2

Try this:

22 NORTHWOOD MANUFACTURING complaints and reviews @ Pissed Consumer

'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #3

We've had our 2003 since we bought it new. No real issues. We are very happy with it.

2005 Ford F350 Diesel
The Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:14 AM   #4

We bought a new Arctic Fox 25ft TT in 1998. We sold it last year after buying our coach. Excellent well built trailer. Pulled it anywhere a 4x4 p/u would go. Very trouble free.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:50 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Had a Nash 22H and a friend of ours had the big Artic Fox fifth wheel.

If I were to go back to a trailer I'd look at Artic Fox or Nash first.

Pretty good product in my estimation.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:58 PM   #6

Northwood

Was wandering why Northwood is not on irv2 owners fourms.
Are they bashful.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:47 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbuttolph View Post
Was wandering why Northwood is not on irv2 owners fourms.
Are they bashful.
Most of the time people come on here with problems. The Northwood people don't have very many problems, hence they don't post here enough to warrant a forum of their own.

Or, at least, that's my thinking.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:02 PM   #8

It's just a shame they have such a small dealer base. I don't think there's a dealer within 650 miles of me. Therefore, they're a very, very small part of the RV retail market. Too bad more RV companies don't make such a product.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #9

They were on our short list but when we found our Nu-Wa and only had to go as far as Kansas (from Tennessee) as opposed to the west coast, we bought the Nu-Wa. They are very well-built units.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:11 PM   #10

We have a 2014 29-5t. Love it and the few problems were fixed with no fuss. We have experienced weather fro -5 to 110 without anything freezing or melting. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 F350 diesel 4x4 Lariat
Northwood Arctic Fox 5Wheel 29-5T
Old 08-17-2015, 05:09 PM   #11

We had a 2004 Arctic Fox 24 5N for our first 5th wheel. It was solid and trouble free and we did a coast to coast trip and many, many shorter trips on rough roads, the only problems we had were caused by our own abuse. We upsized to a 2012 29 5T and have to admit the quality is not as good, but they are still a very solid RV. We have had several issues, mostly with third party installed items like Lippert doors/windows, Drain Master black water valve and a warped dining table. Overall, we have been very happy with our newer 5th wheel, now that those things are fixed.
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #12

We have a 2013 Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel and I have to say that I am impressed with how strong it is built, the thing is as sturdy as a brick. We've had very few problems with it and my one complaint would have to be the Gray Front Cap has really faded. This is a known problem with a lot of Northwood products with the dark colored front caps in the build years between 2012 and 2014. I know that Northwood did not build these caps but they refuse to do anything about the fade problem.
Bill
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L 5th. Wheel, 5th. Airborne Pin Box, B&W Companion Hitch, RVS Wired Rear View Camera, TriMetric Battery Monitor. Honda EU2000i. 2002 F350 Superduty, CC, LB, 6 Speed. 7.3 Diesel. US Navy Retired, E8. No More Football for Me.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
We have a 2013 Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel and I have to say that I am impressed with how strong it is built, the thing is as sturdy as a brick. We've had very few problems with it and my one complaint would have to be the Gray Front Cap has really faded. This is a known problem with a lot of Northwood products with the dark colored front caps in the build years between 2012 and 2014. I know that Northwood did not build these caps but they refuse to do anything about the fade problem.
Bill
As a Northwood owner (Fox Mountain) I too have the faded cap. Lots of other brands have them as well. Big issue is NW won't even buy a new set of decals for those that want to have it painted. All anyone has to do is read about other brands that are getting their caps painted or replaced and it's very frustrating. But in the end if that's all I have to do compared to what some of the other brands are having to do then I'll take it. Had our FM for 3 seasons and the only issue that is NW related was a very slow water leak during the 1st week of ownership. NW even sent me some replacement fittings as my dealer is 300 miles away. I just wish they'd step up about the front cap problem.
We've had the usual little things like a bathroom faucet breaking, squeaky floor vent and one cabinet hinge loosening up. Fixed those items my self.
Every thing else has worked as planed for 3 seasons. So far so good.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:22 AM   #14

Just registered but I've been reading these forums for years.

In Feb. my wife and I purchased an Arctic Fox 29-5K and went full time in it May 1st.

We love the decision that we made and have no regrets this far going with the Arctic Fox.

There have been a few minor issues with it but they haven't been a big deal to us and all of our friends and family that have RV's have had far more problems with their rigs within the first few months, so honestly I was expecting more.

Most of my issues were caused by me as a new fulltimer and can't be blamed on the rig.

Our only issues really with the rig itself are:
1.) The vent fan in the bathroom was dripping some water when it was closed. I got on the roof and found that there wasn't a good seal around the edge. I put a bit of Dicor on it, and popped out the cover on the inside and confirmed that the insulation and the surrounding area wasn't soaked and problematic. 5 Min fix.

2.) We opted not to have a washer and dryer in ours, but it is plumbed for it. The floor in front of the cabinet where it would go was a bit wet. Had to take it to the dealer for that, turns out that one of the valves was "weeping" a bit. The dealer replaced the valve and then since we don't use a washer dryer in there anyways put a shut off valve in line on that plumbing before the lines came into the bedroom so that we can shut that off and those lines aren't pressurized.

3.) I had one valance come off in transit. A molly in the wall fixed that.

That's it....all else has been great!

Also went through the factory tour (after we bought it) in La Grande and was super impressed with how they build these things. I have been through one other RV plant before (Class A line) and was blown away with how Northwood builds the Arctic Foxes....they really go above and beyond in a lot of ways.

I would happily recommend Arctic Fox to anyone.