Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #1

Augusta luxe

What people think about Luxe brand?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I have seen them the last 2 years at the Tampa RV Super Show and they are absolutely beautiful. They look to be finished out well and offer as standard equipment many of the must haves, as far as am concerned. 17.5 wheels/tires, disc brakes, etc. Hopefully owners of them will chime in and tell us about the quality AND customer service.

jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #3

Towing a 5th wheel with disc brakes is wonderful. They stop at least 50% better than drum brakes. 17.5" wheels/tires are also a big deal.

I looked at them on-line and watched youtube videos about them.

They are expensive but maybe worth it.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:23 PM   #4

Buc1908 - will send you a pm.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #5

Just returned from a major trip. 26 states, 20,000 miles, 38 campgrounds, NEVER saw a lux.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:38 PM   #6

I just bought one. Just did the final inspection of my unit Nov 17th and wrapped up all the paperwork for the sale. The unit is absolutely stunning. If you want some specific pics, please message me and I will be happy to share them here.

As far as the actual craftsmanship, quality of work, customization options, and overall aesthetics, I have yet to find a 5th wheel that compares. There are only a few other manufacturers out there that build a comparable unit, and what tipped me over the edge to choose the Luxe was the level of customization and modifications the factory would do for me and be able to deal with the factory direct.

The main thing that I learned through the picking process is that Brand, Type, and Model/Size are all very personal, and even situational. What worked for someone 10years ago, may no longer meet the current need or want. As for me, I'm in my 30s, had never even stepped foot in an RV prior to this, not handy or a DIYer, am an avid home chef and wanted a nice kitchen, still work full time 50% home/50% office, no kids, will be stationary 9 months of the year. And because of the particular, albeit rare, RVer niche I fall into, the Luxe really hit the nail on the head. I appreciated a more modern, minimalist interior design, the color schemes, and appliance choices that didn’t make the unit feel so camper-like but allowed me to be mobile and live small.

Now, I may be partial because I absolutely hated dealing with the handful of RV dealerships I went to, so when the opportunity arose to deal directly with the manufacturer, I am pretty much sold on the unit up front. Unlike the dealerships, they didn’t push inventory on me, no haggling on price, didn’t treat me as noob since I had zero experience in this arena, and above all, took care of the bigger modifications I wanted. All I heard from dealerships was “we cant/wont do that for you, call someone else to help you, the unit sells as is, too bad, you’ll have to figure that out for yourself” coupled with lots of condescension for even asking questions.

As for the buying experience, because you are dealing with a smaller operation (couple that with them undergoing some sort company structural changes), I already had a feeling I would encounter a few speed bumps. And I did, but nothing that was a deal breaker and at no point during the sales process did I ever consider going with a different brand of RV (8 months from the first email to final inspection, with 2 trips to factory). Also, something to mention, my salesperson originated with the Ambition/Luxe side of the company, and that may also be why my experience went so well since we were a good fit.

So just be aware that it is a lengthy process when you go the custom build route and you may experience some communication issues. (Just like if you were to build a custom home)

However, one thing I am certain of is that Augusta/The RV Factory aren’t trying to push units to hit quotas, care about the quality/workmanship if they happen to mess up, they really will do what they can to make things right, and genuinely want you happy. And I would rather deal with that sort of company then interact with a dealership that has pages and pages of inventory and are more focused making numbers. While bottom line price is always a factor in my buying decisions, getting the absolute best deal was not my main motivator. I am a big advocate of the saying “You get what you pay for” and in this case, the dollar amount equaled level of workmanship/customer service and I’m happy with my decision.

All this being said… I don’t have my unit yet lol. So I can’t attest to their post-sale customer service or what it's like to live in the unit full-time. Not yet, at least. It will be delivered in 3 weeks. So I can circle back in a few months should you like, and offer some feedback on those aspects.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #7

They are very eye catching, I love their choice of materials and their aesthetic design. I've watched a ton of their videos, along with videos from New Horizons, DRV, and Landmark, which should be comparable from a spec and price point.

However, upon digging further, here are my observations with Luxe, take it with a grain of salt because it is all online research, not necessarily first owner accounts:

1. Their website makes me uncomfortable. It's full of typos, the layout is janky, and their model lineup is confusing. Is the Luxe Gold Full Timing spec above or below the Elite (which makes no mention on full timing)? What happened to Ambition?

2. They don't make their own frame, nor do they spend a lot of time digging into the specs of their frame in their marketing. The frame is a point of pride with DRV and New Horizons.

3. They don't seem to have any real presence in the full timer forums or communities, no vocal owners compared to the other brands.

4. Check out their BBB site. Ooof. Some very vocal and upset customers there, detailing some very concerning behavior by Luxe, RVFactory, Augusta (not sure what the parent company is called these days). Don't see that many angry clients so much with the other top line brand BBB sites.

They have the pedigree, as far as the ownership, but they seem to be in start up mode still, having recently moved their factory to Indiana, and concentrating on the highly visual part of the product vs the underpinnings, and seemingly reinventing their model lineup as they shake out issues.

Me: I'd like to see where things are in a couple years with them.

But I love their designs, they are definitely more modern and contemporary compared to their peers.

Todd
Old 11-22-2017, 09:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdave View Post
They are very eye catching, I love their choice of materials and their aesthetic design. I've watched a ton of their videos, along with videos from New Horizons, DRV, and Landmark, which should be comparable from a spec and price point.

However, upon digging further, here are my observations with Luxe, take it with a grain of salt because it is all online research, not necessarily first owner accounts:

1. Their website makes me uncomfortable. It's full of typos, the layout is janky, and their model lineup is confusing. Is the Luxe Gold Full Timing spec above or below the Elite (which makes no mention on full timing)? What happened to Ambition?

2. They don't make their own frame, nor do they spend a lot of time digging into the specs of their frame in their marketing. The frame is a point of pride with DRV and New Horizons.

3. They don't seem to have any real presence in the full timer forums or communities, no vocal owners compared to the other brands.

4. Check out their BBB site. Ooof. Some very vocal and upset customers there, detailing some very concerning behavior by Luxe, RVFactory, Augusta (not sure what the parent company is called these days). Don't see that many angry clients so much with the other top line brand BBB sites.

They have the pedigree, as far as the ownership, but they seem to be in start up mode still, having recently moved their factory to Indiana, and concentrating on the highly visual part of the product vs the underpinnings, and seemingly reinventing their model lineup as they shake out issues.

Me: I'd like to see where things are in a couple years with them.

But I love their designs, they are definitely more modern and contemporary compared to their peers.

Todd
I don't think that Luxe is in New Horizons territory. I heard that they build the frame in the house.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory34 View Post
I just bought one. Just did the final inspection of my unit Nov 17th and wrapped up all the paperwork for the sale. The unit is absolutely stunning. If you want some specific pics, please message me and I will be happy to share them here.

As far as the actual craftsmanship, quality of work, customization options, and overall aesthetics, I have yet to find a 5th wheel that compares. There are only a few other manufacturers out there that build a comparable unit, and what tipped me over the edge to choose the Luxe was the level of customization and modifications the factory would do for me and be able to deal with the factory direct.

The main thing that I learned through the picking process is that Brand, Type, and Model/Size are all very personal, and even situational. What worked for someone 10years ago, may no longer meet the current need or want. As for me, I'm in my 30s, had never even stepped foot in an RV prior to this, not handy or a DIYer, am an avid home chef and wanted a nice kitchen, still work full time 50% home/50% office, no kids, will be stationary 9 months of the year. And because of the particular, albeit rare, RVer niche I fall into, the Luxe really hit the nail on the head. I appreciated a more modern, minimalist interior design, the color schemes, and appliance choices that didn’t make the unit feel so camper-like but allowed me to be mobile and live small.

Now, I may be partial because I absolutely hated dealing with the handful of RV dealerships I went to, so when the opportunity arose to deal directly with the manufacturer, I am pretty much sold on the unit up front. Unlike the dealerships, they didn’t push inventory on me, no haggling on price, didn’t treat me as noob since I had zero experience in this arena, and above all, took care of the bigger modifications I wanted. All I heard from dealerships was “we cant/wont do that for you, call someone else to help you, the unit sells as is, too bad, you’ll have to figure that out for yourself” coupled with lots of condescension for even asking questions.

As for the buying experience, because you are dealing with a smaller operation (couple that with them undergoing some sort company structural changes), I already had a feeling I would encounter a few speed bumps. And I did, but nothing that was a deal breaker and at no point during the sales process did I ever consider going with a different brand of RV (8 months from the first email to final inspection, with 2 trips to factory). Also, something to mention, my salesperson originated with the Ambition/Luxe side of the company, and that may also be why my experience went so well since we were a good fit.

So just be aware that it is a lengthy process when you go the custom build route and you may experience some communication issues. (Just like if you were to build a custom home)

However, one thing I am certain of is that Augusta/The RV Factory aren’t trying to push units to hit quotas, care about the quality/workmanship if they happen to mess up, they really will do what they can to make things right, and genuinely want you happy. And I would rather deal with that sort of company then interact with a dealership that has pages and pages of inventory and are more focused making numbers. While bottom line price is always a factor in my buying decisions, getting the absolute best deal was not my main motivator. I am a big advocate of the saying “You get what you pay for” and in this case, the dollar amount equaled level of workmanship/customer service and I’m happy with my decision.

All this being said… I don’t have my unit yet lol. So I can’t attest to their post-sale customer service or what it's like to live in the unit full-time. Not yet, at least. It will be delivered in 3 weeks. So I can circle back in a few months should you like, and offer some feedback on those aspects.
Be very careful when you pick up the unit.Some people complain that they have a lot of problem.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by buc1908 View Post
I don't think that Luxe is in New Horizons territory. I heard that they build the frame in the house.
They are priced like New Horizons, so they should be in the same league.

Check out this video. Cell 1 in their factory is a pre-made chassis dropped off to them:

https://youtu.be/o2d-Da5ZyWk

Now this video, notice the choice use of words: "designed by us." That looks like a Lippert frame, and pretty much all RV manufacturers that use Lippert send Lippert their own designs to work off of.

https://youtu.be/ruChiUV3P6w

Now watch this video. This is what DRV and New Horizons do with frame design and manufacture in house. Whole different level:

https://youtu.be/fDdAlKdt79Q

Again, beautiful coaches, but I'm not sure I'm believing everything being suggested by them...
Old 11-22-2017, 10:23 PM   #11

I've seen them with hardly any CCC. One was in Trailer Life that had 1220 lbs for CCC. Big deal breaker whether you're full timing of a weekender.
Luxe Life | www.trailerlife.com
Old 11-22-2017, 10:25 PM   #12

Brand new here so please forgive my ignorance. Can you help me understand what ccc is and why it's important? Looking to learn as much as I can prior to getting my unit.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by buc1908 View Post
Be very careful when you pick up the unit.Some people complain that they have a lot of problem.

I will keep you posed on delivery and post sale experience for aure
Old 11-22-2017, 10:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory34 View Post
Brand new here so please forgive my ignorance. Can you help me understand what ccc is and why it's important? Looking to learn as much as I can prior to getting my unit.
Cargo Carrying Capacity. How much extra stuff you can carry within spec.

Forgive me for wrecking on your new purchase, again I have to say this is all speculation based on what I've seen studying them closely online.

They are beautiful and appeal to the up and coming markets, as the Baby Boomers age out...