Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Auto Level

Anyone add 4 or 6 point Lippert auto level to their 5er? Cost and satisfaction?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2016, 03:07 PM   #2

Ours came with auto level and we are very satisfied with it. So much easier. 😃
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #3

Ours also came with the 4 pt system. When it works correctly, it's amazing. When it doesn't.............
Old 07-18-2016, 05:31 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Carolina Campers
I have the High Country as well, just wondering what problems you have been having. Mine has worked perfect. I just had to make sure I had blocks under it to make sure it had enough stroke.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:34 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Just wondering if you were going to put it on your new Jayco? And if so why didn't you get a 5er with the Auto leveling? My High Country has the 4 point and has worked good so far.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:56 AM   #6

Roothoss - I should have clarified a little more. I believe I have a jack that is dragging and using more amps than it should.

Our 5r is currently in southern Missouri. My wife is staying in it for the summer while she visits her parents who are in a nursing home. I can't test it until I go pick her up.

By the time I get the 5r off the truck and lowered down to a point where I can put some jack pads under the rear, and have everything ready to level, if it works the first time it's great. If I miscalculate and don't have enough pads in the back or have the front extended too far so it can't level itself, I don't have enough power to reset everything and do it again.

Used to be able to. I put a new 12v battery in it with the same problem. So either I have a bad new 12v or a jack that's dragging.

I did exchange out the 12v for 2 6v's. Haven't had a chance to check it out but will when I go back south.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:08 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf View Post
Roothoss - I should have clarified a little more. I believe I have a jack that is dragging and using more amps than it should.

Our 5r is currently in southern Missouri. My wife is staying in it for the summer while she visits her parents who are in a nursing home. I can't test it until I go pick her up.

By the time I get the 5r off the truck and lowered down to a point where I can put some jack pads under the rear, and have everything ready to level, if it works the first time it's great. If I miscalculate and don't have enough pads in the back or have the front extended too far so it can't level itself, I don't have enough power to reset everything and do it again.

Used to be able to. I put a new 12v battery in it with the same problem. So either I have a bad new 12v or a jack that's dragging.

I did exchange out the 12v for 2 6v's. Haven't had a chance to check it out but will when I go back south.
Now I understand, yeah sounds like something is working harder than it needs to. When I first got mine it took a few times setting it up to really understand how to use the auto level as I have never had on before. Hope you get it figured out when you get down there.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:34 AM   #8

I have the Lippert 6 point and really like it but have learned it really likes to be close to level before you hit the auto level button.

It likes lifting the wheels off the ground and I don't care for that. So when I pull in someplace I tend to look before I unhitch and adjust as needed.

When the trailer was "new" we brought it home and set it up and i noticed it was close to level but off a little (I guess the guys at Cedar Creek didn't really care) so I took a little while and worked it in manual mode until I was real happy with it. I then reset the system and it has been really cool to hit a button and watch it dance.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #9

Look at Bigfoot
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:13 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have the Lippert electric 4 point system. Like gas been said, when it works, it works well. I did have an issue for a while, and had to manually level with the system. It fixed itself one day, so I guess I'm OK with that. Bottom line, it's way better than driving up on wood blocks or plastic pads.
Army Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:13 AM   #11

I have electric and I don't drive up on pads. We level too. Now I realize there are some sites badly out of level but we try to avoid them.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #12

I also have the Lippert electric 4 point system. I have learned that when we have a not so level site, I sometimes have to put my 2x6 under the low side and then begin the auto process. This usually avoids the low side "wheels off the ground" or the "out of stroke" message.
John7349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf View Post

Have you ever heard of the Levelmate Pro? It is a device that you can install in your 5th wheel, trailer, or motorhome that will give you real time read back on how level your trailer is before leveling. You view this over your smartphone and thay have sold out of the product people have wanted it so much. They will be restocked on October 20th on Amazon (no I am not affiliated with them just letting you know). I will be getting one when I purchase my 5th wheel. Check out this video:

https://youtu.be/Jh_5Nwu9T8E
PrinceValium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:28 PM   #14

Welcome to the forum.

6 point Level-Up, very satisfied.

Be well.
J & J, DRV Suites ES-38RSSA #9679
GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW,
EZGo-TXT, Clubcar Precedent
MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote