Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #15

Ordering is starting to look better....the dealer quoted $2400 for the Lippert Level UP if I ordered it with a new unit from the factory. Lippert quoted me $4800 to install it aftermarket. That makes up for the difference in cost of the unit on the lot, vs the slightly higher base of ordering a new (2013) fiver...plus no hassle of traveling to Lippert to get it done.
Hoosblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #16

There you go.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #17

waite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosblues View Post
I am close to pulling the trigger on a BigHorn 3585RL....trying to decide if I take the one on the lot (without auto levelers) and add it after market later....or order it with the levelers and try to wait patiently for 8 weeks....immediate gratification is a powerful drug, but having the fiver exactly how I want it would be really nice....decisions, decisions.....
First off congrats on your new coach...

I know the waite can seem like it takes forever...we're almost at the end of ours...but with that said, I'd go through it all over agin to get what I wanted covered under warrenty and have it designed for my coach.

I almost bought one off the lot myself for the same reason. But after all the fighting was over I ended up getting more on my trailer for less money.

Good Luck!
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #18

I am getting final pricing today from several dealers. We are going to order the BigHorn exactly how we want it. Thanks for everyone's input!...now, I just need to learn some patience
I still have my 27' Jayco TT and will be using it for at least one more beach trip while we wait for our new fifth wheel.

Thanks,

John
Hoosblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #19

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. It confirms my wishlist for auto leveling! I know that I can order a 5er with it, but the ones already on the lot rarely have them. I have been hoping to find the perfect camper, ready to go! I have been looking at Heartland Bighorns and Forest River Cedar Creeks.

BTW, the same salesman also told me that I didn't need a dually to haul a 38 footer....I would not feel comfortable hitching up a 38 footer without a dually.

I WOULD NOT BUY FROM THAT SALESMAN, TOTALLY LYING TO YOU SO WHY GIVE HIM YOUR MONEY, HE WILL CONTINUE TO LIE! Big fifthwheels do come with autoleveling but seems that dealer is trying to unload his stock without the leveling feature. Run, do not walk, RUN from that dealer, you will be very sorry if you buy from that jerk. ALL rigs come with problems and you need a good dealer to fix the problems that the rig comes with, leaks, uneven slide outs etc. What that salesman told you is proof that he just wants to sell a rig and does not care of your safety or your family's safety. Cedar Creek is a good company to work with as I understand it, but definitely need to be level in a fifthwheel and auto leveling seems like a great idea. I have a 35 ft fiver without it and I just use wood to level and not a big deal but do have to carry the wood in the truck etc. To me, 5-6000 dollars is not worth it for me but .....
Sandie115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #20

As for myself fortunately I can stand and hold the electric switches (both front and rear) for the very few minutes it takes to manually lower/raise the landing gear/stabilizers however I understand that some owners are impaired enough that auto leveling would be required. It must be remembered tho that auto leveling does not preclude the requirement of placing pads under the landing gear/stabilizers. If you feel it is needed/wanted and can afford it then go for it. Good luck w/new rig
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #21

Having had a big Class A with hydraulic leveling, I must say I kind of miss pushing buttons and being level before I step out of the unit. However, I don't find my FW very difficult to level. If you're off side to side, driving on a plank or lego blocks has not been too strenuous, and front to back is no problem with electric landing gear. If money and weight was no object, I'd opt for auto levelers in my next FW, but I don't see it as a necessity.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #22

I am surprised no one has mentioned intellijack (google it) I mean before you throw 4k at something. Take a look at something that cost less than $300 and actually works!
Back-to-Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #23

We have the Lippert 6-point Level Up system on our Key Largo. In addition to ease of setup, another advantage is the stability of the RV. You don't get the movement when people walk around inside and their is a lot less movement when the wind blows. We really like ours. Ken
krhyde1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #24

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I am getting final pricing today from several dealers. We are going to order the BigHorn exactly how we want it. Thanks for everyone's input!...now, I just need to learn some patience
I still have my 27' Jayco TT and will be using it for at least one more beach trip while we wait for our new fifth wheel.

Thanks,

John
You'll be glad you ordered it how you want it! Trust me it seems like it will take for ever, but mine came in 6 weeks from the day we finalized the order. My dealer (Lakeside RV Sales in Anderson, SC) has been the best we have ever dealt with. He had a few models on the lot that we could have gotten, but DW wanted the interior just right. (she has an eye for this) So without hesitation they said we can order you one just like you want. So DW got her interior colors just perfect and I got: Two extra satellite cable runs to each bedroom, quick disconnect LP connection exactly where I wanted it, extra AC, Residential Refridge, lower body paint, etc... In other words we came home with one heck of 5th wheel for a great deal and great service! Not to mention the level up system! So sweet! No moving around inside when we are parked and keeps everything so nice and even. Good luck with your new purchase!
Old 03-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #25

I have just ordered the Bib Horn BH 3185 RL. I wanted the 6 point leveling plus the 4 door frig w/ ice maker. In my opinion the only way to go is order it and let them build it to your spec. Mine is due mid April. I have a Cedar Creek without levelers so I know what the different will be. Wayne
wayne-43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, leveling