Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Well, this has turned ito a larger conversation than I thought it would. Some good thought expressed here, and I now believe if I add them to my currant 5er, I will most likely go with the (Drum Roll Please) BIG FOOT. I was leaning toward them and really wanted to confirm with those that have those AND others who have others,, including electric screw type. Thanks again to all who chimed in, it was enlightening for sure.

1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #30

Texas Boomers Club
99-Amstar, I was under the impression that you were going to order the leveling system on a new rig, not add it to your present one. I would say to only do this if you intend to keep your present trailer for a long time, enough to get the value of the addition. You will get very little resale value unless you sell to an individual and a dealer will not add anything. I'm not discouraging you from buying the system but just be aware that it won't add very much.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #31

I have the 6 point lippet on out 29MK Wildcat Sterling Edition and love it its one thing I hav'nt had any problem with .
Old 04-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #32

I have the 6 point Lippert on my Redwood. I always move my truck out of the way when leveling as the nose drops as the first phase of leveling. I turn on the control panel prior to unhitching to see if I need to put boards under one side. The system is made for leveling, not to lift one side of the trailer to level it (although it will easily do it). I did manually raise the tires off the ground to add leveling blocks under a set of tires.

Love it, wouldn't want a 5er without it.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:27 AM   #33

Have the 6 point system (Lippert)on a 2013 381 lev Raptor. It has worked fairly consistently. And I do like it. However some draw backs.. oil leaks... Had to drop the coroplast to fix a leak on one of the center slides(kitchen & living room) after it leaked from an O-ring t-fitting. What a mess with the bubble rap insulation and coroplast. Also had several leaks at the control manifold which I was able to stop by tightening more. Had a front docking jack that was seeping slightly. Called Lippert to see if I could get a cutaway of the jack so see if it was an O-ring(or gasket) on the cap or something else. All I got from them was to replace the jack and they had no information or a drawing on the jack. Very helpful. The jack was replaced under warranty, but now warranty is gone will have to do it the hardway if this problem shows up on other jacks. Also when on level, parked, system makes clacking (popping) noises which will get your attention the first time you hear it. Thought maybe the internals were leaking (solenoids) but trailer seems to maintain its level. Have read Lippert has found it is something to do with the fluid and it can be changed. Tried to get a hydraulic diagram on the system and was told it was proprietary info. When I fixed the slide leak I made a diagram of the system and learned how to operated in the manual mode....which you will be able to do as long as the hydraulic pump internals stay together. I have never successfully been able to get the auto recouple height to work and just usually position it with the manual controls for coupling. As delivered from the dealer the auto-leveling system was way off. Of course no useful information in the manual. Got a calibration procedure on line.. bear in mine to calibrate the system the trailer has to be on a flat surface. I have two center slides which operate off one hydraulic line. So if I want to get to the refrigerator I end up opening the living room slide as well as the kitchen slide. All it would have taken was another line and port at the manifold and separate lines to each hydraulic slide and solenoid and this problem would not be a problem. And of course the slide that wants to open first is the living room slide; not the kitchen slide. Hope this helps....
Old 04-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC View Post
99-Amstar, I was under the impression that you were going to order the leveling system on a new rig, not add it to your present one. I would say to only do this if you intend to keep your present trailer for a long time, enough to get the value of the addition. You will get very little resale value unless you sell to an individual and a dealer will not add anything. I'm not discouraging you from buying the system but just be aware that it won't add very much.
I guess I should have said if I keep my current rig I would use it on there. We are looking at some new rigs now, but money is a factor on getting a new one. IF I keep the one I have, then I will be keeping it for a long while.
We like it but would like a bit more room, so the search goes on. Thanks for the thought though.
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
Old 05-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #35

Installed the Rieco Ground Control system on our 5r and wouldn't be without one now. We have the four point system with electric stabilizers at the rear. Makes setting up easy and the rv is rock solid. Our Rv is the 2014 Rockwood 8289WS, 31' long and 9300# loaded.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:00 PM   #36

welcome home brother!!!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05springdale View Post
welcome home brother!!!
Right back to you brother, Welcome home.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #38

WOW what a great site I logged on to ask about auto leveling and BAM. Thank you all very much. Steve Lambert

Tags
leveling