Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #1

Bathroom stool problems

I have a 2012 Silverback. The bathroom stool only leaks around the base while sitting on it. It don't leak when you flush it. what could cause this and how would I fix it??
Roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2016, 05:26 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Sounds like a base seal leaking and allowing the wood flooring to get saturated, When weight is applied, the water oozes out between the stool and the floor.

Remove the stool to see if the floor is wet under the stool.
960 watts of solar, 440 Amp hours AGM batteries
KCFDCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:06 PM   #3

What can I expect how is the stool hooked up to the pipe and the water supply?
Old 05-08-2016, 06:42 PM   #4

Your flange, which the toilet sits on and is secured to the floor by, may be cracked. We just had to have one of ours replaced for that reason.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #5

Is this something you did or is it something I should have someone do?
Old 05-09-2016, 01:53 AM   #6

Ours was done under warranty. It really depends on your abilities.

You'll most likely have to remove the belly cover & insulation to gain access. The insulation may be soaked. In our case the flange wasn't properly secured to the floor - one of the screws was firmly secured to nothing because the factory cut the hole in the floor too big.

The tech reinforced the sub floor from underneath.

Happy trails,
Old 05-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #7

The original post title...well, could be taken a couple of ways...

But, turn the water off from hose connection and turn water pump off.
Disconnect the water line to the toilet.
Take the toilet up--don't know how many different iterations of toilets there are, but ours has the standard 2 bolts holding it to the flange.
Check around the flange to see if anything is not looking right/cracked. Also check for dampness/wetness around the flange--if wet, give it plenty of time to dry, or use a blow dryer for several hours. Get a reseal kit from RV dealer and reinstall. If problem persists, you need a new toilet.
This is not a fun deal, but neither is a sewer/toilet problem in the house. it can be fixed probably without much $$, unless you need a new toilet.
Fun and games in the RV lifestyle...
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:56 PM   #8

Ha Ha, he said stool problems!
Sort of a hijack here. I am getting ready to put a new toilet in mine. I'm going to a different brand/style so i know I'll need to replumb some stuff. I'd like to add a shut off valve but ain't figured out the best way to do this. Call me silly and slap my face, but I was thinking of just adapting a valve to the tube coming out of the floor and going with a flex hose to the new throne. Can I do this? I am guessing regular household flex tubes meant for toilets may be to small in diameter.
Bob1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #9

Not a problem as long as you use a valve with hose barbs of correct diameter. There are also lots of stab fittings at Lowes that probably would let you just cut the hose at proper point and insert the valve.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:31 AM   #10

Bob1340, check out the "pex" fittings in Home Depot and Lowes. Also look at the variety of stainless flex hoses. BTW, what toilet are you installing,tankless?

CLIFF
clifford j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:51 AM   #11

In mine i have high density poly tubing. Its grey and looks like pex. The valves are HD poly white. They are called 1/2 inch in line shut off valves. Two barbs and two nuts. Cut the hose and put in valve and tighten by hand. there is a arrow showing direction of flow.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford j View Post
Bob1340, check out the "pex" fittings in Home Depot and Lowes. Also look at the variety of stainless flex hoses. BTW, what toilet are you installing,tankless?

CLIFF
Of course it's tankless. Dometec 320. I went to Lowes and there display/ shelves were such a mess it was like shopping at the swap meet. My trailer uses stab fittings with compression nuts. My factory head had the plumbing on the opposite side as the new head. I like shut offs at the sinks, toilets etc. I'll look around for what I need at a different Lowes.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:42 PM   #13

BTW, are these type of fittings re-usable? The ones I pulled off look good. I would only put them back on freshly cut tubing of course. These are the barbed/stab fittings that have a compression nut on them.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #14

There are a few YouTube videos showing how to remove and repair/rebuild these toilets. On mine there's a hidden bolt I would have searched for forever had it not been for the video.
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems