Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #1

Bedside Tables/Nightstands in 5th Wheel?

OK, I love my TH but the slide out in the bedroom means that I don't have a nightstand to put my water on!! Anyone out there come up with a fix? I've tried to find really skinny nightstands (6" wide) but come up empty. Do I have to make 'em myself?

Help?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #2

I have same problem with no answer. Sigh
Ray

Old 03-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've seen 5-r's with small shelves attached to either side of the bed where nightstands would've been had there been room. The shelves are just big enough to hold a small clock & maybe your eyeglasses & a small cup. Would that work?

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
We have the same issue. We have a king bed and no place for anything. We got
some wood wall shelfs at CW and put them on the wall. Holds a bottle water, my
paperback and glasses. Not fancy but it works for us. D

Worldwide Merchandise Company - Oak Occasional Shelf - Racks & Holders - Camping World
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #5

We have some baskets hooked on walls, removable, but handy, with shelving that can be removed.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #6

I looked on CW's website but didn't see those shelves. Maybe I just need to make a trip down there. I've only got 6" on either side of the bed for any kind of nightstand, but the slideout is framed with 6" moulding around the cutout & I was thinking about maybe trying to find a foldable shelf or something.

I guess I could just go buy some good quality lumber and make a couple skinny nightstands. Thanks for all the input!

Tim
Old 03-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #7

I have nightstands, guess I got lucky lol
Old 03-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by heypilch View Post
I looked on CW's website but didn't see those shelves. Maybe I just need to make a trip down there. I've only got 6" on either side of the bed for any kind of nightstand, but the slideout is framed with 6" moulding around the cutout & I was thinking about maybe trying to find a foldable shelf or something.

I guess I could just go buy some good quality lumber and make a couple skinny nightstands. Thanks for all the input!

Tim
If you just click on my link it will take you to the item online at CW. D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #9

I had a Jayco Designer series 5er in 1999 and it had these nifty fold up and down shelves mounted to the side wall. They weren't large, perhaps 13 inches square, but they were sure nice, Try calling Jayco and see if they still sell the hardware.
-Paul R. Haller-
Old 03-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #10

thay look good
Old 03-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypilch
OK, I love my TH but the slide out in the bedroom means that I don't have a nightstand to put my water on!! Anyone out there come up with a fix? I've tried to find really skinny nightstands (6" wide) but come up empty. Do I have to make 'em myself?

Help?
I have sleep apnea and use a cpap. I need a night stand and electric plug. I just ordered a 2011 Carriage Cameo 32FWS. The bed is n/s so there is room for for nightstands on both sides.
This plan works GREAT for us!
Brian
Old 03-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #12

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Our old 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS has a generous sized night stand on each side of the bed. In fact, they're large enough that our cat has plenty of room to curl up or stretch out for a nap on them and often does. There is also an electric outlet on each side too but you can't see them in the picture. The picture was taken with the slide-out in and that's the white thing you see on the left side.

I've noticed at recent RV shows that fewer trailers have night stands like this. They either have only one night stand and/or much smaller night stands. A few we've seen don't have any at all, which is inconvenient as almost everyone needs a place for their alarm clock, glasses, box of Kleenex, TV remote, etc.

Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #13

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank P. Martin View Post
Our old 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS has a generous sized night stand on each side of the bed. I've noticed at recent RV shows that fewer trailers have night stands like this. They either have only one night stand and/or much smaller night stands. A few we've seen don't have any at all, which is inconvenient as almost everyone needs a place for their alarm clock, glasses, box of Kleenex, TV remote, etc.
We gladly passed on generous sized nightstands for a comfy king mattress that can actually accommodate two people.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #14

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We had a 2003 Arctic Fox with a night stand on each side. It also had a overhead cabinet. With our Cameo all we got is a shelf and if we had a king bed, not even get that. I really liked the storage in the Arctic Foxin the living area, but under was not very good.