Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2017, 11:38 PM   #1

Best bunkhouse FT 5th wheel

Curious as to what the best 5th wheel on the market is with a bunkroom? I know DRV has one I think the Manhattan. But how about less than 80k? What we would be the closest to the build quality of the DRV in terms of wall thickness, running gear, and possible fiberglass roof?
dcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2017, 09:18 PM   #2

Too many options to list but it sounds like you might like to go long - all options are here:
http://www.rvingplanet.com/rvs?s=tru...tyle-prop-4=17

I like the quality of the Grand Design Solitude 377MBS for a mid bunk and the Open Range 3x 427BHS for a rear bunk and they sound close to your budget.
rashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:03 PM   #3

Best? No such animal; they all have issues.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:09 AM   #4

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
Best? No such animal; they all have issues.
+1

Many of the large dealers web pages have excellent search tools that let you filter by RV Type (fifth wheel), Floor Plan (Bunk house), and price (enter your range). Take a note of the ones that come up, pick the floor plans you like best. Read here about those specific models. Visit any near by dealers to walk through first hand. You will quickly get a feel for which ones meet your needs best.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:49 AM   #5

Thanks for the rerplies. We actually have a Columbus palomino 377mbc. We bought it because we loved the floor plan and storage. I was just curious of its quality compared to the higher end units because I've never seen them in person. The park I'm staying at in Oregon has some really high end units, none bunk houses, so I was wondering if there were any other high end units that maybe would have been a better full time choice for us. Always have that wondering eye lol
Old 10-06-2017, 05:34 AM   #6

River Stone is coming out with a mid-bunk unit, could only find a floor plan photo so far.
https://www.couchsrvnation.com/fores...iverstone/39mo
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:50 PM   #7

In my opinion, the Jayco North Point 377RLBH does it the best. We had a Montana 3950BR which looked good, but after seeing the Jayco 377RLBH, it seems Jayco has perfected it. They make the most out of the countertop space, and don't let the island impede on the living area at the rear.

Best part is the Jayco is only in the $64k range
RVSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:50 PM   #8

The Riverstone would be sweet. Wondering what it looks like. I acvtually considered the northpoint. The dealer I talked to had listed for 75k with the same options my coluumbus came with and I paid 55k. Could've just been that dealer but they were the only ones in the area at the time with that northpoint.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:05 AM   #9

DRV also has the Atlanta which has a bunk room. Even lightly used models are a better option to cheaper brands. Just keep in mind you'll need a good tow vehicle for the sturdy weight of a DRV.

I found this one...
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...NTA-5000084766
Chickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #10

What's funny is that one is in my hometown and I'm in Oregon lol. If it's still there in Nov I'll take a look. I've got a 2015 ram dually so I'm covered to 23500 I believe
Old 04-24-2018, 05:38 PM   #11

5th Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarver View Post
Curious as to what the best 5th wheel on the market is with a bunkroom? I know DRV has one I think the Manhattan. But how about less than 80k? What we would be the closest to the build quality of the DRV in terms of wall thickness, running gear, and possible fiberglass roof?
Just took possession Grand Design 377MBS. Got it down to 63,000. Extra room etc.
Pinehaven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:51 PM   #12

Evergreen Owners Club
In my opinion, not including custom or high end models:

Best still available new (some 16 and 17's still left on dealer lots) : Lifestyle BayView
Best still being produced: Jayco Northpoint, or KZ Durango Gold mid bunks.

Northpoint was high on the list, and quality looks to have improved (even under Thor no less). Might have chosen Jayco, except it had a 96" frame vs 101 for the Lifestyle, and the LS just seemed a more solid build.

KZ Durango Gold is probably the closest build wise to the Lifestyle.

Been to a few shows since buying, and the Jayco and KZ are the only units I've seen so far that I would even consider over the one we bought. Including high end ones - just too expensive.
ac5501 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel