Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2015, 07:28 PM   #1

Best Storage Tip

Ok IRVers, I know you are the best of the best when it comes to rving. I would like to hear your best space saving storage tip for rving.
CRHyde58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2015, 10:28 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I would say mine is action packers with like items and laminated packing lists taped to the outside...
Reng8d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #3

Bring less than you think you need and it will be more than you need. The next trip will be lighter also. We carry too much junk we never use. Just the way we are I guess.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #4

Get a big and I mean BIG truck ,then you will not care what anything weighs and you will have room for anything including a car ,in fact I have seen a F150 loaded on top of a RV hauler (class 8).
The trailer will be asked to do less because the truck will just say "what thats all?" as you pile on stuff.
Skip the whole LGT step.
hone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:19 AM   #5

I have been using Roughneck Containers, same size cover and different height and mark then. They slide easily on the carpet in my storage bay. But I have a 34in tall storage on my drop frame unit.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:39 AM   #6

I use clear storage containers to help me see what is inside. The laminated list is a good idea to help things go back from whence they came.
I try to pack them logically with electric items together and plumbing items in another contain. But don't mix fresh water and sewer items!
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:40 AM   #7

Subscribed!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:53 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Since we live in New England and our Anthem goes into storage each Winter, I take the opportunity to "hoe" out in the Fall and reload each Spring. Anything that did not get used that season, does not go back in. I actually now have a few cabinets that are practically empty and am using less storage (clear) containers in the basement.
Tamatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:59 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We've been Fulltiming for 5 yrs now. I use clear totes, different sizes but of the same brand so they stake will. I also use a couple of 3 drawer bins to help with the misc stuff. My bay is 34" so I can get a lot of items there. I also clean out the bay at least once a year as you will figure out what you thought you needed you really don't.

We also use the vacuum bags to store off season clothes under the bed. We each carry a small carry on suitcase for those emergency's we might have to fly off to and that is where we pack with the off season cloths.

We have re arranged our storage area multiple times and things do change. Good luck
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage