Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #1

Best washer/dryer combo out there

Looking at a new FW Montana 3625RE and can only fit a combo unit, not looking to do large loads just worried about condition of clothing after wash and dry. We will be washing athletic and mountain bike clothing mainly. Don't like to have sweaty clothes hanging around. So if anyone could recommend one...
We hear a lot Horror stories from people who complain about wrinkles.
Thanks for knowledgable info...
Jts140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #2

We have the Splendide 7100XC and my wife hates it. She does not like the long cycle time to wash and dry clothes plus you get permanent wrinkles in everything you dry due to the high heat required to dry the clothes.

38' Heartland Big Country fifth wheel
johnburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnburks View Post
We have the Splendide 7100XC and my wife hates it. She does not like the long cycle time to wash and dry clothes plus you get permanent wrinkles in everything you dry due to the high heat required to dry the clothes.
We are the opposite and love the machine. If you dont leave the clothes in when they are finished then they dont wrinkle. This is hard since we like to set it and go. Its a learning process and we hate laundromats. Not having to waste time at a coin laundry is great for us. Do a search on this topic and you will get a zillion opinions ; good luck!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnburks View Post
The main problem you have is that your particular Splendide is ventless. The vented models perform more like residential machines.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Amen, the Splendide 2100xc vented is a very good product.
You do smaller loads more often, sometimes we only dry 1/2
of what we wash to reduce wrinkles, especially queen size
sheets. Ours is 4 years old, used a lot, works great. We load
it up in the evening and we have clean dry clothes in the morning.
The machine is made in Italy and used widely throughout
Europe where homes are much more compact than in the US.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #6

I agree. I should have purchased the vented model. I did not do my homework but in the end - "If momma's not happy, nobody is happy!"

38' Heartland Big Country fifth wheel
johnburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I also agree with the Splendid 2100. DW would not have a coach without one. Shake the clothes out before the drying cycle and much less of a problem with the wrinkles. DW also like the dryer balls sold almost anywhere, stops the clothes from balling up and wrinkling.

Get a non vented model and you can complain with the others that hate them.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadnphyl View Post
Amen, the Splendide 2100xc vented is a very good product.
You do smaller loads more often, sometimes we only dry 1/2
of what we wash to reduce wrinkles, especially queen size
sheets. Ours is 4 years old, used a lot, works great. We load
it up in the evening and we have clean dry clothes in the morning.
The machine is made in Italy and used widely throughout
Europe where homes are much more compact than in the US.
Same with ours. After 8 years.

Also the smaller 2000 that is usually standard in smaller location in MH gives the 2100 a bad reputation.

Anyway the stacking model has 13lbs capacity and combination unit has 11lbs. Furthermore the amps for Stacker is 12amps and combination has 13amps.
To me the combination unit is best.
The unvented model is best for apartment use where venting is no practicle.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:33 AM   #9

We have the 2100XC and love it. The only problem is the interior ducting needs cleaned if used a lot. There is an article on Splendides website on how to clean this.
behmke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #10
JDT

We had a 2100 in our motorhome and now a 2100XC in our fifth wheel. There is a learning curve on how they operate and I think those who don't like them want to compare them with how their laundry set at home works. Two different animals. The wife did a lot of reading on how to best use them and is really good at getting the clothes to look great. Not sure what she does and don't want to know as I might have to take over laundry duties. All I know is she will generally do a load each evening on our extended trips if we are going to be home. Takes very little time on her part.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #11

JDT you are right. These RV washers and dryers are compact size and people that own them have got to read up on using them. My wife is the same as yours. She read up on how to load them and what soap to use and the when she uses them are just like home.
behmke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I also agree with the Splendid 2100. DW would not have a coach without one. Shake the clothes out before the drying cycle and much less of a problem with the wrinkles. DW also like the dryer balls sold almost anywhere, stops the clothes from balling up and wrinkling.

Get a non vented model and you can complain with the others that hate them.

This.
I only put small loads in it, 2 pairs of jeans in one load, 3 shirts in another etc. I use separate cycles so it doesn't automatically go to the drying mode. You MUST take items out in between cycles and shake them out to avoid wrinkles. I also use 2 tennis balls in it and they make a big difference

2022 Entegra Ethos
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
DW really likes the 2100XC. we did had a older 2100 she wasn't impressed with it.
Far as me I don't know how she does it, as long as I'M clothed a feed properly no problem...
Old 03-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #14

Best washer/dryer combo out there

New to this forum, so I apologize if this is the wrong place. We just bought a 2009 Montana 3585SA, there appears to be a place for a dryer vent to be installed but Keystone said that model was made for the non vented and do not recommend modifying. However, everything that I read says you definitely want the vented combo. Any ideas or suggestions? There definitely is a panel right next to the water faucets. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Kitanigha is offline   Reply With Quote