Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Big Foot Leveling system

We got a 2010 Cameo in Jan. with the Big Foot leveling system. We had a loud pop in the floor when we stepped between the shower and toilet. The service tech worked on it most of the day with the lights on inside with no power hooked to the coach. When it was fixed and I tried to leave I was barely able to get hooked up to the truck. I could not raise the legs until the service tech hooked the coach to power. We drove about a 150 miles in a hard rain and when I got to the campground, the front legs came down OK. The Big Foot panel was flashing front and rear lights. When I tried to do the level the rear jack would not come down. All I could do was raise the front more. I removed the power cord and use the battery cut off with no luck. The Big Foot is not wired through the cut off on the Cameo. I had to remove the positive wire off the battery. This did a reset and the Big Foot did as it suppose to do. I have since talked with Jason at Big Foot and if the battery gets low this will happen it is normal.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Great Info!

diandtom.,.Thank You for sharing the information! You may have saved another member of some headaches later on down the road.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
To add to Tom's post, the Bigfoot leveling system is now installed on both NuWa (HitchHiker) and Carriage fifth wheel products. After talking to Tom about his problem, I checked our HH and noted that the Bigfoot is connected after the battery disconnect switch on ours whereas Tom's Cameo is connected directly to the battery.

Further, Tom called me the evening he was having the problem and I gave him the after hours Bigfoot pager number which turned out to be disconnected. They now have a new number which the lady in the Bigfoot office didn't even know about this morning when I called to confirm it. She gave me the old number. When I balked, she let me talk to Jason who confirmed the new AFTER HOURS number is 269-816-4810. Not that we'll ever need it again, but both Tom and I now have that number on our cell phone speed dial. Anyone with the Bigfoot system may want to update the old phone number that ended in 1118 in their instruction manual.

We love the product. Makes setup way easier than it used to be on our previous rigs and we don't have to carry a lumberyard with us any more. We had one problem early on that was covered by warranty, and no issues since.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:39 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thanks for that number. I have added it to my contact list.