Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Big Foot Leveling system

Does anyone have a problem with the rear legs not coming down all the way with the big Foot? I am wondering if this a problem with other than Carriage fivers ???
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Tom,

Call Jason @ Bigfoot (Quadra MFG Inc) or send him an email at sales@quadraleveler.com

1-800-752-9815
cell 269-816-1774
Old 08-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #3

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Thanks Richard, I have talked with Jason. The first time it was a bad ground on the ground bar. the washer was not digging into the bar. I took it apart cleaned and used NO OX. It was better but still did it some. On this trip it has worked one out of three. I will be home today and I am going to call. I was just wondering if anyone else having problems.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Well, Tom, now that you mention it, we're having a problem similar to the one we had shortly after purchase. The driver side rear, deploys really sloooooow. Not a problem on mostly level ground, but on uneven surfaces the computer doesn't know what to do and the rig ends up on two legs. I talked to the Bigfoot folks and I have an appointment next week to get it fixed at their headquarters in White Pigeon, MI. Doubt that we will make that appointment given our truck problems, but we'll get there eventually.

Meant to mention this to you before, but the truck issue has been occupying my mind the past week.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Dimes View Post
Doubt that we will make that appointment given our truck problems, but we'll get there eventually.
Dave,

What happened to your truck?
Old 09-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #6

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker View Post
Dave,
What happened to your truck?
Sending you a PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I talked with Jason today at Big Foot and he thinks a ground is loose somewhere. I am going to call Carriage and find out where the grounds are located as this system was installed by them.
Dave, hope you get your truck going soon. If you stay in North Dakota much longer they going to claim you as a resident and you have to pay taxes.
Tom
Old 09-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #8

I've had this problem also on my 2009 HitchHiker, it drove me crazy, till I discovered that I was starting with the front to high. The instruction says to have the front higher than the rear before you hit the auto button. Now after I pull the truck out I lower the front till it's just a little higher than the back and have not had a problem. All the jacks work just like they're supposed to.

Bob
scheppman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #9

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
When it fails, I lower the front to where it lower than the back and it works.