Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #15

our neighbors have one and they have been happy so far, ive been in it a few times and the quailty sure looks good. if your still considering one they bought theirs at Lakeshore RV Dealer: #1 Keystone RVs, Forest River & Heartland RV Dealer and had it delivered.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #16

We are very happy with our Bighorn.Heartland quality is better than other brands we have owned.I know some have had issues with earlier models and will try to trash Heartland any way they can.Some people can't be pleased no matter what either. Just keep up with general preventive maintenance and the Bighorn is a very nice unit.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaman View Post
We are very happy with our Bighorn.Heartland quality is better than other brands we have owned.I know some have had issues with earlier models and will try to trash Heartland any way they can.Some people can't be pleased no matter what either. Just keep up with general preventive maintenance and the Bighorn is a very nice unit.
You seem to be trying to dis folks who have had a lot of serious problems with their Big Horns by saying they are trashing. I do not trash.. I am only expressing my opinion based on my experience with my 5er over the past 2.5 years. I think it is very important for potential buyers to hear all opinions, both positive & negative, about a product before making a large buying decision.

Eh!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Folks, all opinions regarding a particular product, both positive and negative, are welcomed here on iRV2.com. If you haven't read our Community Rules, please take this opportunity to do so, especially the Be Courteous section. We take the Be Nice principle very seriously here, and flaming others for expressing contrary opinions is NOT tolerated.

Debate the subject as vociferously as you want, but do not denigrate the individuals expressing opinions contrary to yours. This is considered Flaming and will NOT be tolerated.

Thanks,

Rusty
Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #19

Geeksrus,I was not specifically referring to you;you did. I was stating that people need to keep up with their general maintenance when they use the rv and travel rough roads,etc. The people that are the first to complain are the one that don't do general day to day upkeep and every little problem is the result of manufacturer.I love my Bighorn and I have read your posts on other forums.nuf said.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Hello, hello, is this thing on? Can anyone hear me?

For the second time, discuss the subject, not each other. This thread is right on the verge of being locked down.

Your choice.....

Rusty
Old 02-23-2010, 07:03 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Hello, hello, is this thing on? Can anyone hear me?

For the second time, discuss the subject, not each other. This thread is right on the verge of being locked down.

Your choice.....

Rusty
Sorry if my comments were not appropriate....

Eh!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #22

try Lakeshore RV Dealer: #1 Keystone RVs, Forest River & Heartland RV Dealer for bighorn we saw them on ebay.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #23

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Well, we got the Cameo 35sb3 and had a few problems. We spent a day and half back at the dealer getting a few things taken care of. The POP in the floor was the big thing and it took most time, only to have it come back but it a every now and then thing. I put some Great Stuff under the shower and it seems to be gone now. When I got home and was putting it away for a few months, I noticed some daylight around the bedroom slide. I found out from Carriage that they put some seals that were too short on some of the fiver's. They are sending new seals that I can get put on locally. Even with the few problems I am pleased ..
From what I have heard about the Heartland five rs. Some dealers are dropping them because they can't get paid for warranty work or very slow paying.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #24

I recently purchased a 2011 3670 Big Horn from Lakeshore RV in Muskegon, MI. to replace my 2002 Big Sky Montana which was totaled in Dec. The price for this unit was almost $30,000 below suggested retail. I know most fivers are sold below retail but this is a good benchmark. I toured their factory to watch how my unit was built and am very impressed. I am a retired automotive engineer who has spent a lot of time in the automotive assembly plants so I am familiar with the assembly processes. I spent a couple of months on the road leaving within a couple of days of picking up my unit. I had a couple of problems that needed to be fixed when I returned but the dealer did not hesitate to fix them They even replaces a couple of cabinet doors that had flaws in them. This is more luxurious than my old Big Sky and better apportioned. The floor plan was something my wife wanted and they also offered a cherry wood interior which my wife wanted instead of the oak that most rv's offer. We did look at Montanas and were not impressed with their offering or their price. This is much better. I do not receive any remuneration or recognition from Heartland for making this recommendation.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #25

Texas Boomers Club
We have a BigHorn 3500RL it is a 2006. They don't make out floor plan anymore.We did have a slide that became misalligned in strong winds40-50 mile with gust of 60 mile per/hour in VA Beach that had to be fixed. But that we feel was not a manufacter problem. We have had issues with things not being tightened and some screws falling out. And a back side window leaking that was easily fixed with recalking. We have lived in out Bighorn since June 2006. We have since moved from the east coast but the dealer we dealt with in North Carolina, Bill Plemmons was exceptional. They needed to install out 5th wheel hitch because no one in the VA Tidwater area would not. The dealer gave us a loaner car, kept our truck installed the 5th wheel hitch and then delived it the 250 miles at NO CHARGE to us!!! The repairs that they made when we needed them were done on time and we were allowed to stay on their property in a loaner trailer while ours was being repaired once more at no charge to us for 4 days. That saved us a BIG Hotel bill. We have had no major problems in the 4 years we have lived in it. We bought ours because we really liked the floor plan. We changed out the king mattress for a queen abd cut down the box to fit. That really gave us much more room around the bed. I also hate mirrors doors and we changed those out for oak paneling in the doors. The new doors are so much lighter in weight.
We do like ours. We have made modifications that work for us. We replaced all the furniture from the trailer with our house furniture since we live in it full time and got rid of anything that does not fit in our "home".
JacqueB

Tags
heartland