Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #15

Gulf Streamers Club
I think you go with the floor plan that best suits you. We have a Montana and I've talked to someone who had a Big Horn. Here is a link to the Montana owners forum. Good luck with your decision.

Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum - Powered by ForumCo.com - The Forum Company
StevenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #16

Paul Judd Questions on front living room

We have expanded our research to Artic Fox , Big Horn and Montana models.

We really like the models that have a step up front living room next to the kitchen. This seems to make it feel like we are living in a home.

I would greatly appreciate any of you who have owned one to tell me the positive and negatives of a front step up living room. Some of the models we have seen like that have a bathroom you have to walk through to get to the master bedroom. That does not work for us.

We also are thinking about a minimum 38 foot 5th wheel as in a few years we may want to winter in California or Arizona.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Wisdom is appreciated very much. Thanks in advance.
Paul L Judd
pauljudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #17

Montana, Big Horn, Artic Fox are all ok models. Have you seen the Montana 3900FB ? Front bath with a 1/2 bath on the lower level. To me - that is a nice floor plan. Also you can get a full body paint job on a Montana.

The Heartland Big Horn and Keystone Montana are close in quality. I would take either one. I don't know much about the Artic Fox other than they make very good slide in truck campers.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #18

Cardinal makes a very nice front living room. There is a big dealership up there. They are heavy as are all front Living rm models. Will probably require a Dually. Ask yourself which room do you go into more in the course of a day? Because you will be climbing stairs every time you go from kitchen to living room. With the low ceiling up front the room will definitly be warmer.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightab View Post
You are exactly right Westwind, those were the years with problems and mine was a 2007, got a crack up at the top of the side wall inside and out. They had to remove part of the skin, repair and beef it up and and refinish the gloss coat. Did a fantastic job and like I said it was a couple of years out of warranty but they stood behind it and made it right at no cost to me other than the fuel to take to the factory. I thought 2 weeks was a fantastic repair time, never had another problem with it after that and we used it for another 3 years after that. Far and above I will always speak highly of Heartland! Like I said I wish they sold motorhomes!
I see this a lot on forums. Are these with non air ride pin boxes. That would take a lot of stress off of the frame frontal area.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:53 PM   #20

We also went to our local dealer with the idea of going with a used unit, However, after considering the negligible difference in price for the rype we were looking for (sales tax in TN is a consideration!) we decided to go new so we would have the peace of mind that comes with a warranty and a local dealer to take care of any issues that arise.
We went with an Open Range LF319RLS by Highland Ridge. Quite a nice array of features for the money and, from what we can determine, great service!
rmn72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana