Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
Bighorn by Heartland

Hi,

I'm in love with the floorplan of the Bighorn 3185 RL. Because it's really new I am looking for people who have one and like to share their know-how.
In May 2011 we'll plan a visit at the Heartland Factory. Did anyone do so and give us some helpful tips?

Thanks
Chrissy
Chrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #2

Surely you'll get all the info you are seeking by looking at
Heartland Owners Forum
Old 02-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #3

Chrissy,

I have a 2011 3670RL but we are interested in understanding your issues with the Big Horn.

Thanks

Bill
wwachsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:50 AM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi Bill,

the 3670RL is a great flooplan, too. I think it's really good for fulltimers. But I'm worried about the slide-outs. Can you use your unit with closed slides? May be for overnight standing at a parking lot. And can you use the slides during the winter? Are there thermo bridges or will the mechanism freeze?

Thanks
Chrissy
Chrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #5

Chrissy,

The floor plan is used by full timers. But full timers move from time to time. We will be snow birds and we wanted to maximize our living space and this floor plan does just that. The plan allows for Walmart parking for the night. You will have access to the bed, the whole bath, and the fridge. If your concerned you can't watch TV it might be a problem but it is a parking lot. I think the design is well thought out for that purpose. The slides are run with a hydralic pump as well as the landing gear. We have opened it up below freezing with no ploblem. Go here to learn all there is to know BIGHORN --->Heartland Owners Forum - The Front Page
wwachsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #6

My neighbor has one and all I can say is wish I had his, but mine is paid for lol. It is one of the best I have seen, but I have not lived in one. They have a custom porch, skirt, hard plumbing, the works. They full time, but do move twice a year with deck and all.
Its Paid For is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland