Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2016, 10:24 AM   #1

Grand Design Owners Club
Bird nest up on the side of King Pin!!!!

Hi! Has anyone had this happen to them? We cant get in there to get that nest out and we hear babies! Never even thought about a bird getting in there making a nest. Been tapping underneath where the nest is, hoping she will move babies and nest, but no such luck. Going camping next week end and need them out! Don't want to hurt the babies! Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks TJ
tjsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2016, 10:27 AM   #2

Google: Bird Rescue for your area?
Gavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:41 AM   #3

We had that problem last year, she built her nest on a storage box under the nose. We waited until the little ones were gone, inconvenient but better than disturbing them. At the end of the season I removed the box so it would not happen this year.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:14 AM   #4

This is a common problem I've observed in my RV storage lot, and unfortunately happened to me last year. I found the nest while hooking up for a trip I had to make. I've since put a barrier (wire mesh) up which will prevent that from ever happening again. Unless you can successfully relocate the nest (and simply moving it will most likely cause the parents to just abandon it), you will have a difficult choice to make.

Good luck.
PointyWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #5

Grand Design Owners Club
Thanks for the replies! We leave in a week, so hopefully they will be gone and if not they will be going camping with us. We will be filling up every place possible for bird nest now!! TJ
tjsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:37 AM   #6

haha...I just had a thread on here last week about this same thing. We were fortunate and ours were done by the time we left. I was going to move the whole nest out of there if they weren't. I now have cardboard crammed in there so it won't happen again.
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote