Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #15

OEM tank gauges are put there purely for entertainment purposes only. Don't worry about it, you'll know when the tank is full.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #16

After you dump it put 2 bags of ice down the toilet and drive like a drunk sailor. The ice will clean the probes. Works great

Old 06-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #17

Yep X2 on the ice. We've done it for 9 years and it's worked really well. We also add a teaspoon of the regular blue Dawn dish detergent with the ice. Put it down the toilet before leaving for our trips and never had a problem with the gauge.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:27 AM   #18

I have the gauge problems now on our rig. Some on the forum recommended NuGen, a product you can order on Amazon, that suspends the waste and allows better drainage for the black tank. Along with suspending the waste, it is said to help the gauges work. I guess I will see when the product arrives need week.

Tom

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

2007 Fleetwood Providence 40X
OurBigRVAdventure.com
Old 06-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #19

Along with ice on occasion I also put a cup of calgon in all my waste tanks. Get it a Wally World. When I was a kid my mom use to put it in the bathtub and it would be like the entire tub was sprayed with silicon, every slick.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_RV View Post
I apologize for my ignorance as a new RVer. My bounder has a black water flush right in the main hook up compartment. I bought a special black hose and I hook it to the black water flush and it shoots water across the tank, supposedly over the sensors. Seems to work excellent. I also use this to put some fresh water in the black tank and flush a blue pouch into a toilet for storage.

Do all RV's not have a black water flush connection???
Correct, not all RVs have a back-flush built in. There are however very inexpensive connectors that go between the hose and the valve that have back-flush (and hose flush) abilities.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39072-Fl...RV+Black+flush
Old 06-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #21

Mid Atlantic Campers
After you have dumped the tank close the valve dump 2 cups of pine sol down the toilet, fill with water, let sit for a few hours and dump. Just did mine again today, works great.
You will be surprised to see what comes out of a tank after you let it soak awhile.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #22

I installed a tornado rotary kit. You drill a small whole on the same parallel line as the sensors and hook,it up with a permanent hose with a hose connection. After dumping you hook up the hose to a water supply and I run for 2 minutes. The tornado spins and under a high pressure basically spray cleans the entire tank, make a Hugh difference. I can dump, rinse with this and the stuff that then comes out is incredible.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraura View Post
Correct, not all RVs have a back-flush built in. There are however very inexpensive connectors that go between the hose and the valve that have back-flush (and hose flush) abilities.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39072-Fl...RV+Black+flush
This video shows those rinsers are nearly worthless:

http://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/test...rv-black-tank/

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #24

TP on the sensor

Tags
tank, water