Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #43

Nope. I got the 3600SIE -- ELECTRIC START. With the pull rope backup. When I am gone fishing or hunting for the day, my wife can start the Boliy by just pushing the button. Remember "a happy wife is a happy life".

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #44

Bob -- go back & remove outlet panel, look up above all the wires and maybe you'll see that the charger microchip is not "tightly" connected. Please go to page 2 - #25 quote in this forum to see how I fixed this same problem. Hope this help. -- CH

Old 09-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #45

I forgot to mention that there was a $100 rebate on this buy. I paid $1090 before the rebate - total $990. A Honda would have cost me $2400+
Old 09-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #46

Bob, pull the front insp door open and look inside in the lower left hand corner and make sure the two wire-ends are plugged together. Recharge the battery and then see if it works. Good luck
Doug
2006 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4X2 PSD 6.0 TorqShift Automatic Transmission. Upfitter Switchers Chrome Door Handles, Oxford White with lower part being Arizona Beige Metallic. Creative Coating Sprayed in bed liner (local Company in Little Rock AR) 2
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:41 AM   #47
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbu9 View Post
I forgot to mention that there was a $100 rebate on this buy. I paid $1090 before the rebate - total $990. A Honda would have cost me $2400+
Good catch on that rebate. The Honda - yep, that's why I have the Boliy and have $1000 plus more bucks to add other 'toys' like the new E-Z Flex suspension waiting to be installed and the 5th Airborne or MorRyde pin box I'm about to order
Old 09-29-2011, 01:25 AM   #48

Have the Honda 2,000. Bought it because it runs everything on our fiver except AC -extreme heat will find us in a park.

With a Honda you pay for: 1) light weight - under 50 lb, 2) most quiet gen available, 3) 1st pull starting, 4) fuel stingy. 5) Honda reliability - no need for a field test.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 AM   #49
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrray View Post
Have the Honda 2,000. Bought it because it runs everything on our fiver except AC -extreme heat will find us in a park.

With a Honda you pay for: 1) light weight - under 50 lb, 2) most quiet gen available, 3) 1st pull starting, 4) fuel stingy. 5) Honda reliability - no need for a field test.
I sincerely doubt anyone here has a problem with the Honda - except the price for a device that's used so sparingly, at least in my case. Oh and the Boliy - it will run my 13,000 Btu a/c.

Now, when I win the Lottery .......
Old 09-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrray View Post

Saw 3 Honda at the repair shop the other day. Oh and the Boliy - it will run my 15,000 Btu a/c.
Glad you like your Honda. They are great.
Doug
2006 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4X2 PSD 6.0 TorqShift Automatic Transmission. Upfitter Switchers Chrome Door Handles, Oxford White with lower part being Arizona Beige Metallic. Creative Coating Sprayed in bed liner (local Company in Little Rock AR) 2
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #51

If we were a booddockers in Quartsite and needed AC, that Boliy might be the ans. Honda is small and light. Tucks in my storage area taking little space. Probably last forever. We do Quartisite in Jan sometimes. All I need is something to keep batt's up and run the TV, micro and washer/dryer occassionaly (not all at once). The 2,000 does that and my back doesn't complain. Spendy but worth it for size, weight, noise and reliablility.

Have been reading the Boliy reports and impressed. Now, if they are running good in 5 years, quite a machine. I know the Honda will be.
Cheers, Ray
Old 09-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #52

Send a message via Skype™ to Bobbyh
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbu9 View Post
Bob -- go back & remove outlet panel, look up above all the wires and maybe you'll see that the charger microchip is not "tightly" connected. Please go to page 2 - #25 quote in this forum to see how I fixed this same problem. Hope this help. -- CH
Finally got a chance to remove the panel and look at the microchip and the wires connected to it. The were all connected and appeared to be tight. I have charged the battery with a battery charger and that has worked. It is a pain since it should charge by itself. Actually I removed the access panel with the key in it and all of those wires are tight also.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:42 PM   #53

gas leak

I have a new Boliy 3600 fuel bubbles from the carb vent hose after running with slight load, I called the phone number in the instruction book, was told this was normal I was asked what outside temp was , it leaks hot or cool. any one noticed this
Old 10-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #54

gas leak

Bottom line trading sent new carb. I replaced carb at 50 it did not leak at vent hose at 80 it did I would not think this would be safe cond. it has bubble coming out hose
Old 12-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #55

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've had a 3600sie for nearly a year.

Have relpaced rectifier coils, inverter & carb controller. Make sure to meter all replacement wiring, I had a bad connection in the new rectifier assy. Be prepared to cut, replace or modify plugs on new relacement parts. Only one original plug remains on the parts I've replaced.

After replacing the inverter mine no longer starts my compressor or either ac. Mine does not like cold weather, anything under 40 F is real problems.

I don't like the gas filler, gas bubbles all over when filling with a 5 gal can. Would be better w/o the gas filter.

It runs 9hrs 12mins on a full fuel tank with 650 watt resistive load (radiant heater). I won't have an big batteries and inverter this year at Q'site, so needed to find realistic runtime. The max known load I've applied is about 2650 resistive watts, it handled that well once well warmed up.

Bill Link
Old 09-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #56

I can run my 13.5 ac all day on one tank with my honda 3k.