Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by esox07 View Post
I have a boliy 3600si that I purchased last fall from an auction. I changed the spark plug and cleaned the air filter. I got it running easily last fall and ran it for about half an hour on a load until it ran out of fuel. I just today decided to get it out and run it to keep it loose. It wouldn't start after many tries. I called the 1-877 number on the back of it and got an answering machine. I left a message and "Dave" called me back a half hour later. He suggested I check for spark and if it was getting spark, to pull the plug and put in a touch of gas into the cylinder and replace the plug and then try it. I did so and it fired right off and kept running. I hooked it to the travel trailer for the first time, turned the A/C on full, the genny surged and kept on trucking. Then I turned the 1100W microwave on and it surged and kept on trucking. The A/C is only a small 8500 BTU unit but it easily handled both that and the big Microwave on High power. I ran it hooked up to the trailer with the A/C blasting full until it ran out of the approximately half gallon or so of gas. Dave said I should run it at least every three months or the gas left in the carb tends to gum up. he said even running the tank dry doesn't empty the carb. So, now I am wondering about having to start the thing in January in Wisconsin....yikes. If it fires right off, I will know it is a good generator. Good information though for others who have a problem starting their Boliy if it has been sitting for a while. Just pull the plug and dump in about a teaspoon of gas. Then try it. I suppose starting fluid might be an option but that is generally frowned upon by any engine mechanic. Besides, regular gasoline is easier to come by in a pinch.
Download the Boliy service manual, it is a great aid for ordinary use. When you store your genset, drain the carburetor bowl. Simply shutting off the fuel supply and running the genset until it stops leaves a bit of fuel in the bowl, which is where the jet sits. Look in the louvers on the back and you see the carb bowl, which has a small screw at the bottom and a plastic drain tube attached. open the screw to drain the bowl. This fuel will drain through the hose which exits at the bottom of the genset.(really there are 2 tubes exiting but only one drains the bowl)
Never have rationalized why this is not mentioned in the owners manual????
Hope this helps you to prevent carb gumming/hard starting. BTW, if something quits on your Boliy they are made "plug N play". For instance a new carb is about $40, no internal parts are sold. The rest of the genset is the same. If it goes bad unplug it and plug in the new one.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Download the Boliy service manual, it is a great aid for ordinary use. When you store your genset, drain the carburetor bowl. Simply shutting off the fuel supply and running the genset until it stops leaves a bit of fuel in the bowl, which is where the jet sits. Look in the louvers on the back and you see the carb bowl, which has a small screw at the bottom and a plastic drain tube attached. open the screw to drain the bowl. This fuel will drain through the hose which exits at the bottom of the genset.(really there are 2 tubes exiting but only one drains the bowl)
Never have rationalized why this is not mentioned in the owners manual????
Hope this helps you to prevent carb gumming/hard starting. BTW, if something quits on your Boliy they are made "plug N play". For instance a new carb is about $40, no internal parts are sold. The rest of the genset is the same. If it goes bad unplug it and plug in the new one.
Ray,IN:
Thank you, excellent post. I downloaded and am printing it out now. I have the owners manual but you are right, I don't ever remember any where they talk about draining the carb. I am glad there is a way to do this.
Bruce

Old 07-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #17

I had a Boily 3600SE for about 3 years until it just got stolen (while chained down) out of my truck. It has worked well for me, ran my air conditioner when I needed (I don't recommend doing this because of the economics of fuel versus an electrical hookup RV site). Whe i had hard starting problems, I found that a shot of ether spray into the air intake holes on the back usually did the trick. After a couple of years I started using StaBil fuel additive, and no more starting problems.
The Boily is 1/2 the weight of the equivalent Honda. Fuel economy and noise levels are comparable. I just wish that its lifting bars (the only place to thread a chain) were not so easily removable to steal it.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #18

It's been a while since my last post but we finally used ours for a week straight in this heat we had a little while ago. happy to say ours ran perfect (almost) we had a can of bad fuel so I went to gas station for some fresh stuff drained out the bad, refueled with fresh and it fired right up like a champ and never missed a beat. we ran our 15K A/C and microwave as needed never having to turn one or the other off to handle load. my Dad has a Honda 3000 and my sister has a Yamaha 6500 (I think on wattage). all three running, I have to say ours was on par with noise with the Yamaha being louder by a little bit.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #19

Made in China, right? NO thanks...