Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2016, 05:55 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Evergreen Owners Club
Buying a Lifestyle 5ver

We are considering buying a 2016 Lifestyle LS37CKSL. It is new and we know they are out of business but the dealer is going to give us a 1 year warranty with a company called extra ride. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I be considering this? The big slide makes us very nervous but we keep seeing more and more rvs with the big slides. The company being out of business makes of the most nervous but we think Evergreen did make a good product.
The MSRP on this unit is $125,707.50 and we can get it at $65,000. Any thoughts????

Thanks
Cathy&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #2

I would do a Google search on the RV warranty company and see about the reviews.

Now as far as the trailer itself go for it. Most of the components are manufactured by other companies that are still in business: such as Suburban, Attwood, LPI Components, Dometic and Coleman to name a few. So these companies will have parts and warranty for you.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:48 AM   #3

Our Lifestyle has the full wall slide. We didn't like the slowness of pulling it in. It turns out that the wire gauge to the slide motor was too small. There is a mod kit available, I think from Al-Ko (Dexter) that is a PCB with a relay that mounts near the motor allowing heavy gauge wire with no voltage drop. Makes a big difference. I had a local dealer install the kit. Kit comes with instructions. Not a big deal without it, I just liked a faster response when pulling in the slide.

Opinion - - These are heavy units. I think you should insure that your unit has the optional 8000 lb axles with disk brakes. Otherwise I would pass on the unit. It would also boost your GVWR by about 3000 lbs.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would get the dealer to move up to the Xtra Ride 3 year Premium warranty rather than the one year. It won't cost the dealer that much more.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #5

Who built the frame?

Would it be covered?

That would be one of the biggest concerns.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #6

We just bought a BayHill 379FL last month and had the same dilemna you do. We decided to go for it because it was such a good deal, but the dealership we got ours from included a 5 year warranty. I would definitely push for more than 1 since they are out of business and as already stated all the components/appliances have their own manufacture warranties.
wheelestate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:22 AM   #7

Get it. One of the best fivers available. Very good equipment and materials. You may find some minor issues with construction, but that's to be expected. The slide is great - we have a washer and dryer in ours and it works fine.
The wire guage may not be the problem. Lifestyle used crimped wire connectors and they can fail. I changed the connectors and the slide flies.
Yes Evergreen is out of business but with such a good unit you may not need a warranty for much. Still, good to have. More important is your own skill. I wouldn't buy a 5th wheel if I didn't have good repair skills.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #8

Evergreen Owners Club
Absolutely love our 379FL. You can tell it is built well.
powermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:47 AM   #9

Lifestyle is out of business

Lifestyle and Evergreen are out of business. I think lifestyle was using the same type electrical slide mechanism that Carriage used and it is problematic if you do not practice due diligence on keeping all parts/bolts of the motor and slide mechanism tight you can have problems.

Also, the Full wall Slide is only 24 " deep as opposed to 36" deep for the normal opposing slides.

Lifestyle is essentially a Carriage with some improvements. If you are talking about buying a used one , more than two years old, and you can get a great deal on one it might be a good investment.

I have a 2011 Carriage with the Kitchen/bedroom super slide with no problems, nor have I had any problems with the electrical slides and they are just as fast as hydraulic. The carriage electrical slides are not Swintech mechanisms which are slow and a headache.
La Caja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:28 AM   #10

Lifestyle features a stacked tub frame, which many consider to be superior to standard 12" I-beam frames. Among other things the slide mech's are on top of the frame rather than cut thru the I-beam. I have a top of the line Carriage but I do think there are Better 5th wheels than either lifestyle or Carriage - they are however more expensive.
La Caja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #11

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
We ordered our 2014 LS36fw and it has provided over 2 1/2 years of trouble free enjoyment. It has been towed almost 10k miles and the slides have had about 35 cycles with no issue. We love it and can only speak of our experience but its a well built rig with a great interior fit and finish, too. Good luck.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:57 PM   #12

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
x2