Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2016, 08:40 AM   #1

Cable hook up

We are in our 2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L maiden voyage. My question is cable hook up. There are two blue coaxle outlets on the side of the rig under a flap, above which it says "Satelite Ready". Behind the TV there is one white and one blue coaxle outlet. Neither of the blue exterior outlets seem to work. Is the another outlet that I'm just not finding, or is it something else. The RV park gets about 15 channels and others don't seem to have a problem.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2016, 08:48 AM   #2

One of those outside hookups is for satelite, the other for cable. On our Cougar, it has a small diagram showing which is which under the cover. Ours is the bottom one for cable. Also,, you probably have an antenna booster , on ours you Have to have that turned OFF to get the cable to work. I guess you have checked your tv to make sure it is set through the menu (on screen) to cable ?
Monkey
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 09:24 AM   #3

I'll try each again. They are side by side, under a cover, with no diagram or indication to distinguish one from the other. I do have the booster off & menu set to cable. Still wondering if it is significant that outside both are blue and inside the blue one is labeled "satelite" and the TV is hooked up to the white one labeled "TV1" (forgot to mention that in my first post) Seems like there should be another white outside somewhere. I'm probably looking right at it 😏
Old 05-29-2016, 10:14 AM   #4

I guess a simple question, (which I usually overlook) do you have the manuals with you ? Does the tv work on antenna ? Since you said inside "blue" is labeled satelite, then I would guess there is another hookup somewhere outside. Ours are in the same door as the water hookup. Sorry I couldn't help more. I'm sure someone will pipe in here soon.
Monkey
Old 05-29-2016, 10:43 AM   #5

We had a Cougar and it was the same cabinet as yours. I've probably looked in the similar cabinet at least a dozen times thinking it will appear- so far it hasn't 🙄
Povo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #6

The manual doesn't go into that much detail but I think I'll dig a bit deeper. Don't really need the TV but I'd like to be able to use it at some point.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:06 AM   #7

I understand... I like my tv.... Good luck.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:14 AM   #8

You need to make sure your antenna switch is in the off position so that it will get the cable channels. Once you do that most TV's have an "Auto Scan" for programing the channels. Ours says it will take 55 minutes, but it is usually less than 5 minutes to go thru the scanning. You have to do this every time you move to a new CG location, and for each type of TV reception, cable and antenna. Once you are at a location, you can switch back and forth cable/antenna by pushing the switch on/off. The first time we used ours we had the same problem and thought our cable hookup was bad. A fellow camper told me to do this and we then got all the cable channels with a great picture. Good Luck
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #9

Re-hooked up the cable to one of the blues, made sure the booster was off, & found a setup screen I hadn't seen before. Did a scan for channels & it found all the park said they had. Later I'll probably try the second blue connection just for curiosity sake to see if I just happen to be in the right one.

Thanks for the responses!
Old 05-29-2016, 04:10 PM   #10

Glad it worked out Povo... Many good people here to help you....
Monkey