Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #1

Camper Leveler from Anderson

Anyone ever try the new camper leveler from Anderson? It comes in 2 pieces: The roll on leveler and a chuck that you put under the leveler when you get to the right height. It can provide a graduated lift of the wheel up to 4" so yoou can be very precise. They show other uses for it but I don't know why you would buy one for any other reason than for leveling. It costs about $40. Look for it at andersonhitches.com. I'm debating between this and a 4 point hydraulic auto leveling system.

3604 - Camper Leveler
Attached Images

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #2

Evergreen Owners Club
Sort of looked like an accident waiting to happen

mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #3

I have not tried that one, but something similar. Boards work better by a long shot, when you raise only one tire your rv goes up half the distance so it only works real good when you do not need it.

Mark and Cecelia still doing that "W" thing
Old 04-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo5er View Post
Sort of looked like an accident waiting to happen
Not sure what you mean. It's no different than using any other blocks under the wheel. Point is you can stop at any height up to 4 inches. On mine I would probably need to have one on each wheel. The thing about blocks is, if you guess the wrong height, you have to roll off, reset and roll back up. With a graduated leveling system you just roll back and forth until you get your level. I don't know. It looks like a good idea, easy to use and over $2500 cheaper than the 4 point leveling systems.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #5

Evergreen Owners Club
harryc, I have no experience with the Anderson leveler, just didn't like the wheels "balancing" on the leveler while the wedge was being placed. Just my opinion since I'm accident prone.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #6

Looks like a great idea to me ...and if you roll up to level and then set your emergency brake, how's it gonna roll off?

Hmm...after some more thought, just put on the brake and chock the other side just like you always do.

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #7

You should always have an extra set of eyes and maybe hands when setting up the trailer using these levelers, but I'm sure they are durable and definitely a lot cheaper than auto levelers.
Beats leveling by trial and error.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #8

2 might work, but that depends on the space between your axles vs the length of the "ramp". I know on my rig the ones I have tried would not fit between the 2 sets of tires.

Mark and Cecelia still doing that "W" thing
Old 04-29-2014, 10:27 PM   #9

Harryc, looks like a great idea. Let us know if you get them and how well (or not so well) they work.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #10

I just ordered two sets from Amazon: Amazon.com: Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler: Automotive

There were 18 out of 21 5 star ratings. I have to see how they work for me with a double axel 5er. I'm an engineer and I could immediately see the value in this product. Hope it delivers. More to come.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:16 AM   #11

I have a set and they are very handy, works great, no concerns of safety, in fact I think they are safer than wood blocks, so much easier, cleaner neater.
I am glad I bought mine, I give them a big things up.
You didn't see any actual owners of them give them a thumbs down did you? How many people said the Wright brothers would never get off the ground?
Old 05-27-2014, 06:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
Harryc, looks like a great idea. Let us know if you get them and how well (or not so well) they work.
I got my 2 sets of levellers and headed off to the mountains above Santa Cruz, Ca for a week among the redwoods. I backed into my gravel and dirt spot and opened the levellers. I put the forward leveller in place but couldn't fit the other in because the wheels were too close. Need to find out how to trim the other to fit. Anyway, I checked to see how unlevel I was and damn if it wasn't already perfect. First time that has happened. Maybe next trip.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #13

I bought a set of Andersen levelers for my 2004 Open Road 357. I can testify that they work just as advertised. We are newbies, but it only takes one try and the 5'ver is level. I give them 5 stars.
Elden and Laura
Old 07-23-2015, 06:48 AM   #14
IC2

I've dug this thread out of the archives and am asking those who originally posted if they are (still) happy with the Anderson Levelers along with new folks too. I've always carried what seems like half of a lumberyard's stock in my truck bed and leveled with 2x8/10/12 or ???? and maybe some 'legos' and done fine, but that's getting old. Anderson claims they will hold 30K, but will a pair hold up one side of my 12.5K loaded, 38 foot fiver? Yeah, seemingly a dumb question but what I'm interested in is mostly is their longevity being plastic, 40 or so bucks each set (need two sets) and possibly made in a country not noted for quality.

Thanks!!!!!!!!