Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2014, 07:34 PM   #15

New Horizons Owners Club
We have a 4kW Onan gasoline genny installed midshipman and do not use it for the A/C for the most part. When travelling from point a to b, we have stopped at big box stores and truck stops so far and run the generator only at half of the stops I estimate. We find this more convenient, faster, and cheaper than finding a campground way off the highway for just a few hour (~10hrs) stop. If it is so hot that we couldn't stay in the 5er without A/C, we would find a campground with at least electric hookup.
Pullin' Chocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Keep an eye out for me, I'll be eating a bag of Funyuns and drinking a 64oz Pepsi.
And the best part is that you don't even leave the store so you don't have to pay for them.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Cumminsfan, IFYOU ARE SERIOUS then you are doing the type of things that will get all of us banned from Walmarts.

We often use Walmarts, never put our slide out or our chairs or washing outside the van but we do use their the Walmart facilities and always buy something even if it is only a loaf of bread or some mlk. Most of the time the spend m ore substantial than that.l
baysidetas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #18

If we have to stop at nite anywhere without electricity (like a Walmart) we close all windows except our bedroom ones and then turn on the exhaust fan in the kitchen. It draws cool air into the bedroom.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #19

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by baysidetas View Post
Cumminsfan, IFYOU ARE SERIOUS then you are doing the type of things that will get all of us banned from Walmarts.

We often use Walmarts, never put our slide out or our chairs or washing outside the van but we do use their the Walmart facilities and always buy something even if it is only a loaf of bread or some mlk. Most of the time the spend m ore substantial than that.l
your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning
hone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That's called

Sarchasm
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
I hope you're not serious about taking chairs from the garden section to the Electronics bay and watching TV.

But if I see you there you're going to end up at People Of Walmart - Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart : People Of Walmart for sure.
Muddypaws
I believe the only reason Cumminsfan takes chairs from the garden section to the electronics dept, is because the big comfortable chairs from the furniture area are hard to move!

BTW, the storm drain grills in the parking lot are a convenient place to dump your tanks.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:01 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Muddypaws
I believe the only reason Cumminsfan takes chairs from the garden section to the electronics dept, is because the big comfortable chairs from the furniture area are hard to move!

BTW, the storm drain grills in the parking lot are a convenient place to dump your tanks.
LOTS of good tips in this thread! Subscribed!
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:11 AM   #23

They wern't kidding? I guess there the Griswolds. Ya can't make stuff like that, them, up.
RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #24

I have a 5.5 LP generator in my Redwood and LOVE IT. We stop in rest areas and turn on the a/c and or the microwave while we fix lunch or nap. It only takes a minute to get all the power I need to run the entire coach. I can't imagine ever being without it
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #25

Great idea about the storm drains!
Texastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastbird View Post
Great idea about the storm drains!

For sure, and if you wait for a rainy day you don't have to be close to the storm sewer.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #27

Yeah, but it never is raining when I need to drain the tanks...
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #28

[QUOTE=wingnut60;2069214]Yeah, but it never is raining when I need to drain the tanks...
Joe[/QUOTE/]

wingnut
Evidently Mother Nature likes you better than me!
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground