Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #29

We're sorry for the way you were treated but they are the last place I would go for a problem.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
There business model doesn't do on site service... that's it...

and they feel it's either not profitable or not necessary based on the amount of business they get...

Does your doctor come to your house (anymore) ?
I wasn't wanting on site service as I said they just had to walk in say yes or no, then I would had scheduled an appointment and taken it in, I should know about customer service, and business models, I am 29 and retired fulltiming with my family from restructuring companies, doctors doing house calls still happen and is an emerging business also.
life2short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalynzoo View Post
I'm just a little bit lost by your rant. You had to stay in a tent...you mean they would not pay for you to stay in a hotel....really!!! I'm sure BigO tire or the local repair shop would have paid for your hotel stay during repairs...ok, a bit of sarcasm.
If a CW employee jackknifed your rig I and took a report there should be no problem with the repair. If the tow company did the damage you should take appropriate action against the tow company, they probably have insurance.
In your last point, many things in brick-and-morter stores are more expensive than on line, as on-line still maintains a competative advantage of reduced overhead. But, CW maintains an inventory of what you need when you need it. No delay for shipping, and you can touch and feel an item to see if it meets your needs before purchase.
There have been many threads on the worthlessness of extended warranties. It would appear that in your situation an investment in an extended warranty would have been worthwhile.
I simpathize with your repair problem, but in this case I cannot attribute blame to CW. As I mentioned in previous threads, the Camping World in Wilsonville/Portland way beyond anything required to help me when I needed service.
My mention of staying in a tent was only to point out that while Camping World was doing NOTHING to make the repair I was in a tent I wouldn't think for a minute anyone would pay for a motel for us.
CW jackknifed the trailer and are going to repair the damage.
Warranties ? I never mentioned them or would I have bought one.
Other "bricks and mortar" stores Ace Hardware, Walmart Lowes Target et al al carry items that CW carry and they are ALL priced lower much lower.
Finally "I cannot attribute blame to CW" really? Who had my fifth wheel for 24 days to complete a 2 hour job?
keithfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disabled