Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #1

Can any of you turn me onto a vender who sells replacement showers for 5th Wheel's?

My shower is very, very small. Is there an internet vender out there that sells replacement showers if you give them the dimensions? Mine is fine except the pan has been patched. There are not leaks, but it is quite unsightly. I was hoping to replace the whole unit with another. It comes apart in 3 sections so putting in a new one should be doable. Any leads any of you can turn me onto would be great.

Thanks !!!!!!
first5thwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #2

You can check them out on this RV dealerships on line catalog at Welcome to R'nR RV Center | Parts Super Store they are up in Washington near Spokane.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #3

These folks have most of the shower parts you would need for a complete install of a new unit.

RV Replacement Parts Product listing
cjensen91910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #4

I found a company that makes to order shower pan liners that you glue down with adhesive. The process will repair cracks in the shower pan without you having to replace the pan and take the shower apart. My order for a new liner has not arrived yet. As soon as I get it and install it, I will let you all know how well it works. Here is the link to the company that sells shower pan vinyl veneers. https://www.napcoltd.com/default.asp

As well to further strengthen the shower pan floor before gluing the adhesive down, you can take a small drill bit and drill several holes in the existing shower pan and purchase some expanding foam. Shoot the foam into each of these holes so that the expander under fills the shower pan and gives it a more strengthened base so that a 200 lb man can stand in the pan once the foam dries and give extra support to avoid any future new cracks once the vinyl veneer is layer. The adhesive that is used literally bonds into the shower pan and veneer so that the two become one when dry. This makes any leaks impossible. Of note when you drill the small holes with a drill bit, make sure the drill hole is big enough to accept the fill tube that is attached to the expanding foam spray can. The foam I used was "Great Stuff" and I purchased it at Home Depot. Once you fill the under pan with foam screw in a few wood screws into the drill holes to keep the foam from coming up through the drill holes until it sets. After about a day it will stop expanding. Do not over fill the underside of the pan with foam as it will push your shower pan up and make it uneven to drain properly. (These shower pans are not very rigid so over time they weaken and can crack) This is an easy inexpensive way to repair your shower pan without having to replace the whole shower. The company I ordered my veneer through has two colors available. Bone and Polar white. Hopefully this post will help another RV owner who has a cracked shower pan find an easy inexpensive fix to an expensive problem. The cheapest price I could find to replace my whole unit was $700 for both pan and shower stall shipped to my home from Pelland. The pan and shower stalls were not too expensive but the shipping is what is so expensive. That is why I went with Napco to get the pan veneer.
first5thwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #5

I went to Elkart Indiana and bought a new shower and changed it out in a few hours at a camp ground but used My old doors got a heaver floor and walls, but bet You can find same in a box store selling plumbing...Home-Depo or Lowes-Mannards...etc..
Old 06-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Actually that is not an uncommon size of shower.. You might check with the walk in tub folks... They make at least one model that should fit with minimal, if any, modification to the woodwork around it.

Of course then you need a bigger water heater (or a tankless) but hey... I'd love a walk in bath instead of the shower (And you can still use it as a shower as is)