Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #43

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
OK, Here's my guess. Something that the previous owners bought, possibly trash bag holder, and couldn't find a way to attach to the RV without marring the beautiful cabinetry, so left it for the next owners to ponder over. I bet they are laughing laughing laughing.....

Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #44

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey, I just figured it out.. And as it turns out I have an item like it in my rig too.

It is something they put in at the factory which has as it's sole function causing you to scratch your head and say "What the )(@*#()$R@#@ is this )(@!!@#$E! thing for?"

Now I know what that plastic thing I had in my rig is.. Same idea, different shape.

Seriously, after looking at it's 12 by 8 inch with lid that lifts up.. I think it's a shopping bag to trash bag converter, It's designed to hook onto something, somewhere, likely an undersink door.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #45

Cool, if that is what it is, now I have to figure out where it goes and how to use it. Still looking for another 5er out there that has this exact one and knows how to install and use it. I am beginning to think this object must be rare, because I was hopeful by now to find another just like this one. Oh well the search continues.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #46

What ever it is, I don't think you have the complete unit. If you look at the underside of the lid, you will see that it is milled to fit over something. Any other things do you have that are unidentified?
Old 07-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
firt5th wheel

I figured it out (I drink Crown Royal) It's a vegetable washer. It fits in the sink. The white tips sit on the counter top to prevent damage.

jack
Old 07-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Could it possibly be a laundry bag holder? Is there any space in a closet where it might attach with a bag/sack under the movable top. Lift the top, drop in the laundry and close the lid...
a10koaksfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #49

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
This could be the new Walmart Parking thread. Will you reach 2,000 posts before it is identified?

Take it to someplace like Camping World and ask if they can ID the thing.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #50

We have a similar looking type unit that goes into our clothes dryer at home. It's drying platform that hooks inside the dryer so you can put a sweater or something on it to dry it without having it tumble around.
Greg
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #51

lid

Quote:
Originally Posted by StStg1 View Post
What ever it is, I don't think you have the complete unit. If you look at the underside of the lid, you will see that it is milled to fit over something. Any other things do you have that are unidentified?
Yes I did notice the ridges on the underside indicating it must fit onto something that the lid closes on. This very well may be a missing component. Hopefully someone else who has seen this before can tell me what it is.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #52

Possibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
firt5th wheel

I figured it out (I drink Crown Royal) It's a vegetable washer. It fits in the sink. The white tips sit on the counter top to prevent damage.

jack
I don't know Jack. It is possible, but I think it is something more than a vetable washer.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #53

Not a laundry bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by a10koaksfed View Post
Could it possibly be a laundry bag holder? Is there any space in a closet where it might attach with a bag/sack under the movable top. Lift the top, drop in the laundry and close the lid...
It would have to belong to Stuart Little if it is a laundery bag holder, the opening is 8 inches by 12 inches. But a good guess though. Still looking for someone out there that has an exact one. This is a true mystery.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #54

Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
This could be the new Walmart Parking thread. Will you reach 2,000 posts before it is identified?

Take it to someplace like Camping World and ask if they can ID the thing.
The funny thing is Walmart probably sells this what ever it is? Good point on taking it to a RV sales center or Camping World. Maybe they could identify it.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #55

Not a dryer shelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahon1993 View Post
We have a similar looking type unit that goes into our clothes dryer at home. It's drying platform that hooks inside the dryer so you can put a sweater or something on it to dry it without having it tumble around.
Greg
Yes I know what you are talking about. No dryer in this rig, and it is too small to be for that. No this odd thing clips or rests on something and that white lid flips up to gain access to something. I do think part of it is missing.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:39 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by first5thwheel
This chrome rubber tipped bracket of some sort goes in the kitchen somewhere. I am not sure if it is for the refrigerator or for the sink. Can anyone identify it and tell me what it is and what it is used for and how does it attach to whatever it goes to? I am stumped. See attached picture.
It is a trash bag holder (I bought one at WalMart). It should come with a white plastic lid that snaps on top. You attach it to a drawer to hold a plastic grocery bag or a kitchen trash bag.
Hope that helps!