Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2016, 05:28 PM   #1

Can I ask this

We are looking at a 365 5er, looking at Landmark or Redwood any known problems with either?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2016, 06:31 PM   #2

My understanding is that the Landmark is a quality brand. However where we winter there are two of them and neither owner had anything good to say about them. The only thing I am aware of is the one guy showed me where the scrrws on the slide out were over torqued at the factory and a good number of them were held in place only by the paint. Hope that is helpful.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:13 PM   #3

All rvs have issues
WE have fulltime in our Redwood for the last 2 years and has been a great trailer. We have had minor issues most were supplier parts some was QC. There customer service has been very good and no issues with them. I would definitely buy another
Old 09-19-2016, 03:12 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by routemaster View Post
We are looking at a 365 5er, looking at Landmark or Redwood any known problems with either?
IMO there are no RV that are certified for full time living. Any of the websites I have visited will have a disclaimer somewhere that does not support full time living.

It is understandable. How do you prepare a unit that moves for the extreme differences in conditions which may be encountered?

I believe that it can be done as many have spent years living around the country in their RV. I would be most concerned with the ventilation of the unit if spending extended times with the A/C or furnace running. Condensation in the units may cause all kinds of problems.

Standard issues like the sealing of joints, etc will be the same regardless of full time or not.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:25 AM   #5

Try to find a leftover 2016 Lifestyle. One of the best residential 5ers made. They're going very cheap now because their parent company folded. You should get 40% or more off of list price. Excellent top of the line trailers.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:48 PM   #6
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Check out Augusta RV if you're looking for a true year round RV.
EQSystems is offline   Reply With Quote