Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2015, 12:55 AM   #1

Carpet replacement

What is the average cost to replace carpet in a 38' 5th wheel.... Just give me a ball-park cost....
SteveFortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Steve: I see no responses, so I will offer a little guidance from our experieince with our Class A.

The carpeting cost will depend greatly on the quality of the kind you choose. Since there is not a lot of yardage, an upgrade in quality does not break the bank. The install cost will be the shocker. There is a lot of custom work in lots and lots of small sections, and the experienced/good installers know that. They price their services accordingly.

From what I recall, the install cost was 150% of the cost of the actual carpet (and we went with a pretty durable carpet).

New carpet made a BIG difference in the cleanliness and homeyness of our rig. We are really glad we personalized it in this way.

Good luck with your project,

\ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:43 AM   #3

I seem to remember reading about some snowbirds in RGV that have had entire unit refloored for around $2500, and done in one day. Carper or laminate, don't know, and if just the carpeting, OR the laminate, several articles on different forums on people doing it themselves.
Have been considering the carpet replacement in our 10-yr-old, but not fearless enough to try it myself--yet.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:03 AM   #4

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I have no direct experience with flooring replacement but a couple of friends have gotten rid of their carpet in the living area (not the slides) with laminate and vinyl. Both installations look great. If we were to consider replacing the carpet, my first thought would be a wood laminate. We've done one room in our home that way, but I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge in a fifth wheel, especially dealing with rounded transitions. Cost wise? No clue.

Tags
ace, carpet, replace, replacement