Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #1

At the suggestion of Hitchiker and Reblesbeach, I am re-posting my query here. I'd be interested in any comments Carriage RV folks might have.

Originally Posted February 27, 2006 01:12 PM
"We are in the process of educating ourselves prior to purchasing a 5er for full-timing. Having seen a couple of negetive comments about the Carriage line of RVs (one of the coaches high on our list of possibles) I attempted to join the Carriage Forum on Yahoo Groups. The moderator turned down my application! What's up with that? Are they trying to hide something? All I wanted to do was lurk and learn..."

Re-tredded Newbies lookin' forward to seeing the USA at a more leisurely pace!
Horsevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #2

At the suggestion of Hitchiker and Reblesbeach, I am re-posting my query here. I'd be interested in any comments Carriage RV folks might have.

Originally Posted February 27, 2006 01:12 PM
"We are in the process of educating ourselves prior to purchasing a 5er for full-timing. Having seen a couple of negetive comments about the Carriage line of RVs (one of the coaches high on our list of possibles) I attempted to join the Carriage Forum on Yahoo Groups. The moderator turned down my application! What's up with that? Are they trying to hide something? All I wanted to do was lurk and learn..."

Old 02-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
They've been building them since 1968 and they're engineered for full time, 4 season use. The ones I've seen at RV shows have been loaded with appointments and amenities and seemed structurally sound, comfortable, and had good styling.

They're built with a 5" aluminum trussed roof on 16" centers, with 5/8" tongue & groove plywood floors, aluminum constructed sidewalls on 16" centers, aluminum main floor construction with 2" X 3" joist on 16" centers, a fully decked roof of 1/2" plywood, one-piece fiberglass front and rear cap, and a one-piece vinyl roof.

They build the Carriage, Royals International, Carri-Lite, Cameo LXI, Compass, and C-Force lines of fifth wheels in a 20 building facility situated on 55 acres in Millersburg, Indiana. They offer a 7 year structural warranty plus a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty which isn't a bad warranty for the RV industry.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:42 AM   #4

Carriage is one of the better fivers made. They all have some problems. The warranty they have is pretty good. If you want to see some new ones on line go to www.lazydays.com and click on Carriage. There are better deals out there than at Lazy Days, but they do have alot of incentives when you buy. Most of the full timers
use either the Cameo or Carri Lite. The Carriage "Carriage" and the Royals International are the top of the line.

I don't understand the turn down at the group.

I'll post your request for info and a link to this thread there.

Dave
Old 02-28-2006, 04:29 AM   #5

Horsevoice,
I have turned only one request down for admission in the past month. It could be that Yahoo found a bounce in your email address - - it will not be OK'd in that case. Try again. You can never tell with all our amazing electronics these days what will happen. No, we are not trying to hide anything - - it is all out there in the open. We love our Carriages.
Bob
Old 02-28-2006, 07:03 AM   #6

After a second attempt to join the Yahoo Groups Carriage list, I have not only been accepted but received a welcoming note from fiverBob, the group's moderator. Apparently, the initial problem was an electronic/internet/cyberspace glitch which sometimes frustrate and annoy us all.
I am looking forward to participating on this list and learning more about the Carriage coaches.
The internet is a wonderous thing (when it works!!)

Old 02-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Horsevoice, glad FiverBob was able to help....he must be ok,he's an iRV2er too!!

We were real happy with the 32 Carri-Lite we owned...I even went out and toured the factory,where the people couldn't have been nicer.

As I posted before,my wife would rather have a fiver,as she "grew up" in them with her folks...
I will "never say never" as we may end up back in one some day....Might have mentioned before that,for the fiver we were eyeing at one time,I wanted to go MDT and she wouldn't go there...

As my "toad" now is my daily driver,it's not that bog of a deal.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #8

We have no major issues with ours and really are enjoying it. The trouble with most RV's is getting a satisfing dealer. They are a little on the heavy side but none the less a nice unit.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Horsevoice, glad FiverBob was able to help....he must be ok,he's an iRV2er too!!

We were real happy with the 32 Carri-Lite we owned...I even went out and toured the factory,where the people couldn't have been nicer.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From Bob to Bob, thanks for that little vote of confidence, Bob. With a name like Bob - - - well, let's quit there, OK???

We were very impressed with our tour of the factory also. We went the other way from you - - first MH was in '73 and never without one until our Carriage. It was quite change, but very happy with the results. Really nice to put it to bed for two months and not have to worry about it - - I drive the tugger at least once a week so I know it is running good. The main thing, is we are out there having fun being where we want to be whether it is in a fiver, a MH, or in a tent - - wait, in a what??? Uh uh, no tents any more.

Happy trails.

Bob

<sub>(edited HTML code for the quote)</sub>
Old 03-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
We have had our Carriage for 3 years now and have had only a single problem with it. Some of the features we like most are: No need for slideout awnings, very stable without a king pin stabilizer, Dexter neverlube axels, superior woodworkmanship, electric slideouts, slideouts on propane, battery, and basement storage bay, easy hookup, and great entertainment center. (Sony)
There's way more reasons, take a tour at your dealer, or the factory. The problem was the front vynal Carriage emblem, and the factory sent me a new one that the dealer agreed to install for zip.
Enjoy!

2003 Carriage CW362 5th Wheel
Tootall is offline   Reply With Quote