Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-15-2015, 10:57 PM   #1
Cedar Creek or Jayco Pinnacle?

We're looking to replace our fiver soon. Any opinions as to what is the better product? Cedar Creek of Jayco Pinnacle? Both are very attractive and loaded with options. We presently have a Newmar Kountry Star and would like something close to the quality.

Russ & Dottie
2000 Ford F350 V10 1999 Kountry Star 30RKCL
sprintnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2015, 11:06 PM   #2
Jayco is a great product. But I find that they tend to load the pin to save on axle capacity. It puts most of them in dually capacity.
The Cedar Creek have lighter pin load and to me are also light on axle capacity.
For me any large unit should be setup with 7000lbs axles and load range G tires with 12 in frames. Just my opinion, bells and whisle is next.

Barbara and Laurent, Hartland Big Country 3500RL. 39 ft long and 15500 GVW.
2005 Ford F250 SD, XL F250 4x4, Long Box, 6.0L Diesel, 6 Speed Stick, Hypertech Max Energy for Fuel mileage of 21 MPusG empty, 12.6 MPusG pulling the BC. ScangaugeII for display..
caissiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #3

At the Chicago RV show this last Feb.2015 we looked at both JAYCO Pinnacle and the Cedar Creek units. Both had 7,000 LB axles G-rated tires and the Dexter ez-lube with the wet bolts and bushing on them. They are almost equal in amenities and features. A little less glitz on the Cedar Creek units and I do not like the stone fireplace surrounds on the Pinnacle units.

We went with the CC34RL simply because this had the floor plan and size we were looking for.

Jim W.

Jim & Jill
Sold: 2010 318SAB Cougar:New: 2016 Cedar Creek 34RL. 2008 Dodge 6.7LCummins the original 6.7L engine, w/68RFE Auto
jimcumminsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:10 AM   #4
IMHO you will be hard pressed to beat CC customer service. My 2005 Creek has never been in the shop for factory warrenty work. Have things failed for various reasons? Yes, but they have all either been my fault or age related. I can still call them and have the parts at my house within a week.
Don and Lorri
2007 Dodge 3500 dually
Resident Dummy.
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:12 PM   #5
I owned an 08 Jayco Designer which was basically the predecessor to the Pinnacle. Never had a problem. It was an excellent fiver in every way. We moved to a motorhome, but I still sometimes miss the Jayco.
Inerestingly, my last choices when I bought were between a Cedar Creek and the Jayco. After a lot of comparisons, the Jayco won out because at the time, it had a double boxed frame as opposed to I beam frames and several things that I felt were better quality.
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4024
Pulling my 2012 Malibu w/Blue OX & Patriot brake unit
HicksRA is offline   Reply With Quote