Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
Question Cedar Creek or Montana?

We are looking to replace our fifth wheel. Looking at Cedar Creek and Montana. I'm looking for opinions as to quality, service, slide reliability, heating and cooling and any other related comparisons.
Thanks in advance,

Russ & Dottie
2000 Ford F350 V10 1999 Kountry Star 30RKCL
sprintnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
They are both nice the Montana seems to have better floorplans.I was looking around the other day at the Rushmore by Crossroads.Take a look at it.If I were in the market to buy I would really give it a serious look.

2005 Cardinal 35 CKT 5th , 2000 Ford F-250 Power Stroke 7.3
Riverc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Quality is about the same for both - middle of the road. OK for weekend use and vacation.
'05 NuWa 29.5 lktg HitchHiker II
'05 Chev 3500 4X4 Crew LB SRW Duramax/Alison
jamvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we fulltimed in our 2006 36rlts cedar creek for 3 years
only lost a microwave, and power convertor, which could have happened to any brand
CCC was always very close or over

it was built to our specs and we enjoyed it very much, only traded because the economy tanked and we got a steal on a new class A , which is easier to set up on my broken body
USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are 6 slides
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
I have a 05 Montana with a arctic package
2005 Montana
2005 GMC 2500
bradufault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
Sorry about, hit the wrong button. Send a couple of weeks in Death Valley in Jan with the temp getting to the low teens. For the money, the Montana is a quality rig.
2005 Montana
2005 GMC 2500
bradufault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #7

None of my business, but... Here in AZ, there are so many Montanas I think they might outnumber all of the other 5ers.
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
We have a Cedar Creek 2009 36RD5S. Ordered it new, have added load of add-ons. Have it the way we want it now. We love our floorplan, but it is not available anymore, but they have others that are good. We had problems with the dealer, but everyone at the factory made up for that, plus. The quality is on the upper end of RV manufactures. We had minor "from the factory" problems. In the 4 years we have own it, I have built several cabinets for more storage, added a dishwasher, stack washer and dryer, changed the RV electrical panel to regular panel and added outlets for our living needs. This last year we had installed, the LevelUp System, changed 7000# to 8000# axles and then had the axles changed to the Mor/Ryde IS system, and Mor/Ryde pin box. On a side note, we had big problems the new axles, that's way we went with Mor/Ryde IS. While we were having the problems with the axles, Justin at Cedar Creek and I talked, about the problems. He offered to have our axles changed to Dexter axles, Cedar Creek has been installing Dexter for the last two years, that their expense, and as I said our unit is 4 years old. Over the 4 years we have being associated with Cedar Creek, they have bend over backwards to service us and take care of us. Also, everyone I have talked with says the same thing about them. I can not say enough for them! No matter what unit you decide on, one thing to think about. If you don't live or travel in the mid-west (northern Indiana), then make sure you go to a dealer that has an superior service department, not just some guys that can barely change a light bulb. If you do travel or live in the mid-west, then use the factory service department and buy you unit anywhere you want, and most likely much cheaper. Whatever you do, have fun RVing

Hope this helps and God bless,
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
Originally Posted by jamvir View Post
Quality is about the same for both - middle of the road. OK for weekend use and vacation.
I respectfully disagree. We have a 2006 Montana 3400RL and have been full-time in it for the past 3 years. The workmanship is A1 and cupboard/storage space is, in my opinion, unsurpassed
Paul & Lorraine, Alberta, Canada
Live for today!
Blog: www.montana4two.wordpress.com
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
We are in our 2nd Cedar Creek. We love our unit. No major problems (there will always be small issues with new units no matter who builds it). Quality and dependable. Had ours set up just like we want it. Just an over all great product in my opinion!
2012 Cedar Creek 36B4
2007 Ford F-350 Dually Crew Cab
textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
We had a Montana 3400RL for five years, might fine rig only minor issues. Also got top dollar when I sold it to buy the MH.
2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
Cedar Creek or Montana

Our first fiver was a Montana which served us well for five years and was fine for the most part. Items like cabinet fit and quality seemed to be our most pressing issues. We now have a Cedar Creek 36B4 and could not be happier, I know Montana is probably the largest seller of fifth wheels but we feel for quality and service we made the right choice with our Cedar Creek.
pitcrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #13
Just picked up a 3150 Montana after 14 years with my old one. They sure have come a long way. The new one is loaded and makes camping in the cool weather nice with the artic package.
Tom3006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #14
I have had two Montana's and loved them both. Traded last year for an Excel. The dealer gave us deal we could not refuse. The Montana was great. Only issued I had with the Montana was the Microwave. I would buy another one in fact if anything happens to the Excel I will go back to a Montana. Mine was an 05 then 07, and there have been a lot of imprvements since 07

Billee is offline   Reply With Quote