Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by adehaan86

I think what we are grabbing from this is.....Even though weight is off the suspension doesn't mean that it is not a weak jack that can wobble.
Now that makes sence. I didn't like the pic/looks of that sissor jack. When I had my TT, I used the standard square bottom jack stand, which are cheap and very sturdy. If I remember correctly now, I wound up using 6 of them, 4 on the corners and 2 near the axles. It didn't come with any factory mounted jacks.

John & Clare - Buck & Zeus - Jack & Husky
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P
Towd: 2 HD Streetglides
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #16

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
Hello forum. I could really use your help in clarifying some info I received today. A little while ago I posted a thread on the using a stabilizing bar from Camping World to see if it would be worth while getting to drastically reduce or get rid of the trailer movement when camping with the slides out.
I have researched previous forums on the use of the king pin stand and it seems that most don't feel that it was worth the purchase. Would supporting the slides be the best option to eliminating the rocking? Would supporting the main frame behind the tires work or not? Please help.
Your original post on the other thread was for the stabilizer on sale for $25 at CW. I responded on that thread that the precursor to that item, the Wayne's Stabilizer, works fine for us.

Frankly, quit thinking about it and spend the $25 while it's on sale. You can't find a solution cheaper than that. If it doesn't work out for your situation, return it or give it to somebody else.

Dave & Jo Ann
'08 HitchHiker Champagne 35LKRSB | '11 F350 Lariat 6.7PSD
Half Dimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #17
In our trailer, someone walking in the bedroom could be felt in the living room. I bought 2 scissor jacks and put them behind the back wheels and ran them up real tight. Now someone walking is barely noticeable.
2009 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
2008 Everest 305T
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #18
I built a stablizer for my landing gear with two Cargo Bars ($50 for both) and two pieces of angle iron. I borrowed the following image from the net. The lever on the bars ratchets the two parts so it is longer and that tightens up the system that you have created between the two landing gear. You can get the bars at Love's Truck Stops.

KOTR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
Send a message via Skype™ to adehaan86
KOTR, now I want one for my truck lol.
2009 Dodge ram 2500 Cummins Mega Cab
1999 R29RL King of the road.
3 kids and a beautiful wife.
adehaan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #20
They are handy for keeping things sliding around in your bed. Mine usually has my fifth wheel hitch in the middle making things even worse.
KOTR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:36 AM   #21
I think what you really need is angle braces under the rig from the frame to the foot pads on the opposite side. I installed the Steady Fast system on our 32' Kingston 3 slide and love it. It is rock solid now. All components stay on the rig at all times and very easy to set up. About 40 lb added weight. Not cheap and not real easy to install but once done,really works will. Bought mine direct from Steady fast online.

1olcatonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #22
As always you guys are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for everyone's input.
2011 Heartland Big Country 3595RE
2005 Ford F350 dually 6.0L Diesel
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:48 AM   #23
We have JT Strong Arms on all four corners and BAL X chocks between each wheel, and unless my MIL is walking around, the rig is solid.
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #24
I have tried both types slide out suppports and the one that locks between tires. After 8000 miles and 23 camp grounds we found the one that locks the tires work far better than jacks under slides.

South Ga. Geocacher's
2012 --Wildcat Steering Edition
2012-- 2500 Dodge cummins

carrollander is offline   Reply With Quote