Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
I will be giving them a good lookover at the Hershey show in a few weeks. Have been
looking at all the positive posts on here and other sites. Since Newmar no longer
builds 5th wheels, I am forced to spend my money elsewhere. This one along with a list of other models, got a lot of looking to do for sure.

1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrdfh View Post
Any thoughts on the Columbus fidth wheel by Palomino? We looked at one today and it seems very well built, with all the comforts of homes. Please tell me what you know/heard.
We took delivery of a 320RS three weeks ago. We have looked for over two years before we found the Columbus. So far we are very happy with it. The only problem so far was a leak in the black water flush. It was a quick fix.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
It seems as though those who have them are very happy with them. I'll be looking at them at the PA RV Show next week, along with a half dozen others.
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #18

Ive had problems with mine

Had mine for 3 months 2014, a 365 and the trailer looks great but if you touch/scratch the wood its OSB with paper sticker on it... the top AC sounds like a helicopter while your sleeping.. and the if you live down south you should go ahead and install a window unit!! when it gets 95+ degrees outside (That's about everyday in the South) than its a hot 85 degrees on the inside... and don't attempt to try and cook!! Had two dealerships look at it and it has voids in the AC duct with no insulation, and the costumer service at Columbus is the worst ever!! they don't care that you paid 50k+ for a RV! This is my 8th RV and I would strongly suggest NOT buying one. That being said I stay in my RV more than my house with work, and am not just a joy camper. It my be fine for the weekenders!!
Old 09-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #19

Columbus 320 RS

We have put over 11,000 miles on our Columbus since we purchased it in January of this year. Overall I have been quite satisfied with it. We took it to Alaska in June. Had a spring break but otherwise the unit came through in fine shape. Even on some of the gravel on the Alaska Highway the unit stayed tight. I dusted the interior when we got home and was surprised at how little dust was there was inside after 9500 miles. The workmanship on ours is very high quality. I would not hesitate to buy another Columbus.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:22 AM   #20

My wife and I presently own a 2015 Columbus 320 RS and have been very disappointed with it. Within the first year we have had to replace the rear air conditioner unit, the regulator on the furnace had to be replaced and several of the ducts from the furnace came loose and had to be reattached. The drawers on most of the cabinets are not level, the slide would squeal when running the right side slide in. The air conditioner units are very loud when running, almost to the point it is hard to have a conversation when units are running. My dealer claims it is because of the construction of the top of the camper which I took with a grain of salt until I went inside another couples unit and it was so quite you could hardly hear the units running. My question is has anyone else had any of these problems and if so what was done to correct them.

Thanks, JF in SC
Old 09-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #21

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I have a good friend who has a 2015 320rs. Yes, a lot of bang for the buck especially if you shop for price. He is selling it and going to a new Cedar Creek. He has had multiple issues with it and he says others on the Columbus owners forum have reported the same. On that note, may I suggest you join that forum where you will get tons of info to help you make a conscious decision. Of course, all brands have some issues. In addition, I will say my buddy has been pleased with the support and warranty ease from FR with his issues. Good luck.

jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote