Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2006, 01:54 PM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shooter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bjcj7422:
Shooter: This is good information. I was about to buy an LP Gen, and thank God I was hesitant. I like your idea of the boat cans. Do you have a picture of how this is set up (especially the manifold portion)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are making a 5 can setup you will need 4 - 3/8" T's ( I prefer brass ) from auto parts house. 7 - 3/8" marine quick connect fuel fittings , I got fittings and tanks from a sporting goods warehouse in Tx., much cheaper than boat shop.

Put one quick connect on a 8" hose stub on gen fuel pump. one quick connect at other end of fuel line, 6" stub and a T . 6" and another T which goes to middle tank. Out from that T a length that will T to next tank and end tank. on the other side of the first T a piece of fuel line to place the T to tank and outside tank.
Q= quick connect
1= brass T
1~5 = fuel tanks/ any number of tanks

............................GEN
.............................Q

.............................Q
................-----1---1--1-----1----

..................Q....Q........Q.....Q.....Q

Had it all spaced and drawn out but the board will not hold spaces between characters so it does not hold format. sorry

You can hook up all 5 or as few as 1 tank. If multiple tanks it will pull fuel about equally from all connected tanks

Hope this helps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #16

Thank you also have been planning on a large gen to run trailer and thought LP would make install easy but was worried about LP use.

Paul
Old 12-13-2006, 05:32 PM   #17

Is there a difference in noise levels between the LP and Gasoline?
Larry
'13 Ram Laramie 3500, Aisin auto,4:10, Reese adapter and 20K hitch, '10 HitchHiker 36LKRSB
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:45 PM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry:
Is there a difference in noise levels between the LP and Gasoline?
Larry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Larry,

According to Onans web site there is no diffference in the sound levels of the gas and propane versions of the same models.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:20 PM   #19

I was going to buy a motorhome that had a propane gen and I emailed Onan to ask if they had a conversion kit to gasoline. Their answer was no. I was going to just find a similar model in gasoline version and get the carb and various comoonents needed based on that model. I never did buy the coach. I hope you have more luck w/ them than I did.

Tags
kz-rv