Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #1

Cougar fifth wheel MSRP?

How can I find the actual MSRP for a 2011 Cougar 276RLS or 318SAB? These would be the Western edition. The dealer has these nice handy rounded of number like $38,995.00 that just don't seem right.
Thanks for the help, Bob
rvrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
edj

Doesn't the Cougar web site tell you the MSRP for the base trailer and options? I really don't know much about Cougar, but I would be suspect of the company if they are not going to tell you the MSRP. Remember, you probably can't believe what the dealer tells you.... Most of the reputable trailer companies will tell you the MSRP price the rig on-line. Then you can go to the dealer and shoot for 23-25% discount from that.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #3

edj, Thanks for the response I have not been able to find the MSRP on the Keystone web site, all it allows is to submit information to a local dealer for a price quote. I have looked at the models we are interested in and the dealers and starting prices are always (interestingly enough) some kind of a nice round number like $25,995.00 or $33.395.00. These numbers just don't seem right to me and I know that if I ask for a MSRP sheet for any unit they can just make one up. I would like to get numbers from a more trusted source before I start to talk about possible purchase prices.
Thanks, Bob
Old 07-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
edj

You could try either e-mailing or calling the Cougar factory and asking them directly for the MSRP for the models (and options) you are interested in. If they do not want to give you that information, you have a choice of paying whatever the dealer feels like charging you, or looking for another brand. There are lots of other brands that tell you what the MSRP will be up-front.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #5

You could utilize the NADA guide
Taylor68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #6

2010 Suggested MSRP is listed for a 276RLS
RV 2010 KEYSTONE RV M-276 RLS prices, specs and options at NADAguides.com
Old 07-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #7

So how did Nada get the list price, if Keystone doesnt publish one? If you cant get the list price directly from the mfg, you are still at the mercy of the dealer, and who knows how they price the options and special packages,,
Rick&Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrat View Post
I know that if I ask for a MSRP sheet for any unit they can just make one up.
Tell them you want to see the original MSRP sheet...the one that comes directly from the manufacturer (and it has to be the ORIGINAL, not a photocopy of the original).

Many RV dealers have the original MSRP sheet in the rigs they have on their lot. Unfortunately, many do not and, instead, have a "made up" one...it's very easy to tell the difference, BTW.

I'd be leary of buying from a dealer who is not willing to display the original MSRP sheet in each rig, or is unwilling to show you the original MSRP sheet when asked.

(There are very few RV manufacturers who show the MSRP on their website, but most should be willing to send you a copy of the Order Form that the dealers have to use when submitting a "build" order to them. This Order Form should have the MSRP of the basic unit plus a list of all options available with their prices.)
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #9
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaH View Post
(There are very few RV manufacturers who show the MSRP on their website, but most should be willing to send you a copy of the Order Form that the dealers have to use when submitting a "build" order to them. This Order Form should have the MSRP of the basic unit plus a list of all options available with their prices.)
NuWa HitchHiker posts the price right on the web site with the floor plan. All the options also have prices listed with them. NuWa has adopted a 'no-haggle' pricing system. They reduced the previous MSRP prices by 25% and that is the new no-haggle price. If a company hides the price of their RV, I would not buy it. What are they trying to hide?
Old 07-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #10

IN general MFG's do not hide the MSRP...its usually done by the dealers. The suggestion to request the original MSRP is a good one as each Manufacturer will send a build sheet with MSRP and all option prices with each unit...
Old 07-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #11

I called the Keystone factory about two weeks ago ( I have been busy) a short time later a nice fellow from customer service returned my call and spent a fair amount of time telling me in many nice ways that they do not have MSRP prices on the cougar line. They leave pricing entirely up to the dealers. So like someone said in an earlier post if we choose to buy a couger we are at the mercy or lack thereof of the dealers. I have seen price list sheets at dealers on other rv's and this leads me to believe that they may be made up except for the ones that come from the factory glued to some interior surface.
Thanks, Bob
Old 07-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I called the Keystone factory about two weeks ago ( I have been busy) a short time later a nice fellow from customer service returned my call and spent a fair amount of time telling me in many nice ways that they do not have MSRP prices on the cougar line. They leave pricing entirely up to the dealers.
That's really hard to believe; however, if that is really the case, I would ask the dealer to let you see THEIR price sheet...i.e., what they had to pay the manufacturer for that particular unit. So, instead of subtracting "X" percent off the MSRP, you'd add some amount to the price the dealer had to pay the manufacturer.

If you are willing to travel to pick up your RV, you might consider shopping around for price at different dealers in different states.
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #13

just ask the dealer for the manufacturer supplied msrp sheet, keystone provides this to the dealer. or go to ebay and you can probably get one from a wholesaler that will be close.

Cougar wholesaler: eBay My World - skydoonline
shipwreck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #14

Quote:
How can I find the actual MSRP for a 2011 Cougar 276RLS or 318SAB? These would be the Western edition. The dealer has these nice handy rounded of number like $38,995.00 that just don't seem right.
Thanks for the help, Bob
Terry Town RV of Grand Rapids Michigan quoted me $28,000 on the 318SAB. My local dealer quoted me $35,000. Guess who I bought from? It's being delivered tomorrow!
ctrussel is offline   Reply With Quote