Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #1

Cracked floor in shower

On a 2000 Fleetwood Wilderness 5'er the shower tub floor cracked. What is the best way to repair it. The floor is not fiberglass. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
bens170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Is it plastic? I would think that the floor has been compromised and how well will the repair hold long term? Probably not well.....Think about replacing it, its 14 years old.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:40 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Rip the entire shower out and install a one piece fiberglass unit.

You won't regret it!

Mine is 13 years old and still working great!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:49 PM   #4

Fred1609 & Dr4Film, thanks for your help, looks like I need to take some measurements and check on a new fiberglass floor for the shower.
Ben
bens170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:33 AM   #5

What happens is over time the foam base under the shower floor disintegrates. It flexes and cracks. You can buy a plastic repair kit at an auto parts store and repair the crack, reinstalling the floor over a better base that the original foam. Many others have done this, but if I were faced with the problem, I would first look to find a new pan. or perhaps as suggested above a new stall. Only problem I see with a one piece stall is getting it in place. Possible a four piece, three walls and a floor would be better.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:27 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If the one piece will fit through the bedroom window, they are easy to remove and re-install.

I had a shop remove a passenger side salon window in my coach to remove the NotSoCold aka Norcold fridge and install a residential.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #7

I used to repair fiberglass showers.. They have great 2 part foams that work great now days. You would need to drill a hole dry it out and squirt foam all over. If u don't get it spread over a big area the foam will just expand in one area and can cause more damage. After that it's just building up new fiberglass which is a lot of work. So in long run you are way better replacing shower and putting a 2 piece shower in. Rebuilding a shower floor with foam will be very expensive unless you have experience in fiberglass work.
wwenstad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #8

iRV2 No Limits Club
There are repair kits . We have used them on two different tubs. It is not real pretty, but if you follow the directions, it works well.

Here is a link: Bathtub Repair
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower