Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
So what if they are made in China. Your truck was built in Mexico. Don't read where you bash that anywhere just because it was built in Mexico.
Sure nice to have words put in my mouth! I was NOT bashing just stating fact so people can make up their mind with FACTS.

I have mentioned MANY times my truck is "ASSEMBLED" in Mexico with mostly US Made parts as is yours. I don't like it but the alternatives are not acceptable. Example the Powerstroke is Made in Mexico. Example the GM twins Allison is NOT the same that is used in Medium Duty applications. The Aisin is used in many Medium Diuty applications.

So when I mention FACTS please don't think I am BASHING!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2016, 05:20 PM   #30

You have not provided any "facts" that the Curt Fifth Wheel hitches are made in China.

For the record, I don't know or care where they are made. You just can't go around claiming something as a fact of you don't have proof. You may have proof, but it has not yet been provided.

I figured you got the info from talking to a BW engineer.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:13 PM   #31

When I read this I looked at the hitch and could not find any Country of Manufacture. If it is made in China I cannot complain as it works very well. It may be on the bottom, next to the bed. It would be a good place to hide it😁
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 01:01 PM   #32

Here is one persona experience, I will get more but it is well known that Curt makes ALL their 5er hitches in China.

"
Topic: 5th wheel hitch made in China
Posted By: tkkopp on 10/14/12 12:44pm

We bought a new 5th wheel hitch arrived yesterday, we did not
know it was made in China.
It's a Curt 16K and feeling very uneasy, our 5th wheel is
12500 lbs. GVW, hitch weight is 2000 lbs.

Never thought to look to see where they were made. I would like
to get a hitch from USA. Should I just throw this one in the
trash and start over? What a waste of my money... Any suggestions? "
Old 07-29-2016, 01:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojavaphil View Post
When I read this I looked at the hitch and could not find any Country of Manufacture. If it is made in China I cannot complain as it works very well. It may be on the bottom, next to the bed. It would be a good place to hide it😁
It's there. If you read their web site they are VERY selective with their words.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:32 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Here is one persona experience, I will get more but it is well known that Curt makes ALL their 5er hitches in China.

"
Topic: 5th wheel hitch made in China
Posted By: tkkopp on 10/14/12 12:44pm

We bought a new 5th wheel hitch arrived yesterday, we did not
know it was made in China.
It's a Curt 16K and feeling very uneasy, our 5th wheel is
12500 lbs. GVW, hitch weight is 2000 lbs.

Never thought to look to see where they were made. I would like
to get a hitch from USA. Should I just throw this one in the
trash and start over? What a waste of my money... Any suggestions? "

Again, who cares if it was built in China? What is your point? Curt makes an awesome, solid hitch.

A post from 2012 means what?
Old 07-30-2016, 07:16 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I saw where etrailer shows the Curt made in USA. I also saw a person leave yesterday with a 20k Curt pulling a pretty big 5er and he is very happy with it.
ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:21 AM   #36

"Again, who cares if it was built in China? What is your point? Curt makes an awesome, solid hitch."

Well for one you sure don't care but there are many people that like to be informed.

You have a Curt and if happy that's great but I and MANY other will tell you it is not always easy to hitch.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:22 AM   #37

I have an email into Curt and i will post their response so those that want to know the facts will be informed.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:23 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmith View Post
I saw where etrailer shows the Curt made in USA. I also saw a person leave yesterday with a 20k Curt pulling a pretty big 5er and he is very happy with it.
Please provide a link showing that.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #39

Quote:
"Again, who cares if it was built in China? What is your point? Curt makes an awesome, solid hitch."

Well for one you sure don't care but there are many people that like to be informed.

You have a Curt and if happy that's great but I and MANY other will tell you it is not always easy to hitch.
I have never heard of Curt being hard to hitch. That is a new one on me.

Look Cummins, we get it. You don't like (possibly hate) Curt Hitches. You have made that abundantly clear over and over and over again. The point of this whole thread was someone asking about Curt Hitches. You seem to have a strong reaction to any positive comments about these hitches. I think there are enough responses here indicating that many that have them, like them and are willing to recommend them. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way, but it is what it is

Let's move on.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:45 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My apologies, that USA stamp on etrailer was on a Curt bumper hitch not 5th wheel hitch.
ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:36 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmith View Post
My apologies, that USA stamp on etrailer was on a Curt bumper hitch not 5th wheel hitch.

Thank you!

I will try to make my self CLEAR!!!

I think CURT makes some Quality US Made products. I don't like when companies try to hide the fact they have moved their MFG to another country.

It is important to many where their hard earned $ go to.

I was hounded by a friend to try a B&W hitch the current hitch was a RBW that was considered GOOD at the time. I hated the clunking when stopping and taking off so I finally bought the TurnoverBall and Companion hitch. I thank him every time I use my hitch. Simple solid no color coding just east to hitch and rock solid. So yes I am a B&W FAN.

But facts are part of peoples decision making process. I made a comment ALL curt 5er hitches are made in China, that was disputed so I will prove it for this thread.

If it does not bother you don't make a big deal out. Be happy!
Old 07-31-2016, 12:08 PM   #42

Quote:
If it does not bother you don't make a big deal out. Be happy!
Aren't you the one making a big deal out it???

rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote