Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #1

Designer 5th wheel Jayco

I am thinking of purchasing a designer 35 ft 2005-2008. Does anyone have any good/bad experience with this 5th wheel.

Thanks,

Linda & John

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #2

My B-I-L has had an '06 36' Designer--has served him well, no problems. Jayco is said to have good customer service.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
We've had 2 Jayco Designer 5th wheels - a 1996 3030RKSS and a 2000 3610RLTS - and were quite satisfied with both of them. Jayco builds a good RV at its price point and has a well-deserved reputation for going above and beyond on customer service.

As with any used RV, though, maintenance is the key. If there have been any water leaks that haven't been addressed, move on to the next one. Water intrusion is death to an RV.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco has an excellent reputation for quality &customer service & the Designer series is their top of the line 5-r. I would not hesitate to buy a Jayco product if I were in the market for one.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - Central OH / FMCA #419886 / RV MH HoF Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & Jeep Liberty Limited, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We looked at a 2009 Designer in Asheville on our last trip out. We like the basement storage and the floor plan, but the kitchen did not please the wife. The pantry was small and no place for a trash can. We also did not like the difference he wanted. I made no offer as it was way too much and the wife would not be happy with the kitchen.
Tom
Old 10-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Jayco makes very good 5th wheels and class C motorhomes. They ahve been in businees for many years. Note, on some model Jayco 5th wheels (around the 2005 model year) some models were built on two different axle arrangements. Make certain you get the larger load weight axles.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #7

We have a 2001 designerw/problem devices.Hopefully yours is easier to live with.I dot, like the water fill system--especially where i have to lay on my back to connect water hose,(it is up under chassis of trailer) Winterizing is also a problem as I have 5-6 options to choose from to fill,winterize,drain etc.I fell in love with the center kitchen island and the three slideouts.Bath and shower are very ample,but thia comes with longer trailers.I love the gel coat finish.Jayco is a very good product!.Galen
Old 11-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
There's a nice 2006 Jayco Designer in our classifieds.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #9

I too echo the sentiments above. I have owned a Jayco Designer series trailer and they are very good trailers and Jayco, in my opinion, offers the absolute, very best customer service even after the warranty is out. In mine they sent me a new converter 2 years beyond warranty expiration because of known trouble with the one supplied. They always, without fail, returned my calls and they are diligent in solving troubles. I would not hesitate to buy another simply because of their commitment to the customer. I now own a different luxury 5er by a well known manufacturer. After 50 years of business they folded up their trailer division (2 months after buying their trailer) and with it their warranty, leaving it to the discression of the dealer to fix. When you call the manufacurer for assistance with a problem, they simply do not answer. All you get is voice message saying they no longer make trailers and to contact the service department of your dealer.
Buy the Jayco and sleep well knowing you bought the trailer with the very best custoner service.
-Paul R. Haller-
Old 11-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #10

I have a Designer Legacy 2005 and this is my second Jayco product. No problems at all, been a good unit and don't see me replacing it any time soon. We winter in Canada, and this unit is very cold weather friendly. No drafts via slide seals and overall the trailer is constructed and sealed up well.

http://rvallseasons.blogspot.com/
coal is offline   Reply With Quote