Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Dexter E-Z Flex Equalizers Suspension Evaluation Request

Looking for feedback for someone that's using this new system on their 5th wheel. I would like their opinion of how much improvement is in the ride verses the standard equalizer. It's a bit spendy and I wondered if it is worth it. Dexter Axle - Trailer Axles and Running Gear Components - K71-653-00 E-Z Flex Complete Tandem Kit Thanks, rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #2

Big thread on Open Roads Forum (sticky) on TT subforum in re install and impressions. (RV.net)
Rednax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednax View Post
Big thread on Open Roads Forum (sticky) on TT subforum in re install and impressions. (RV.net)
Thanks Red.......I found it......good reading! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #4

Thumbs up

I have put 5K on the set I installed on my toyhauler. I can tell you that it does ride smoother now. How much smoother is hard to quantify. Maybe 20-30%? But I can tell you that Iam sure there is less rattling going on inside the trailer when Iam moving.

Liked it so much I just installed another set on my fiver. About to make a cross country run with it of 6K+ and I have little worry about my suspension system now. Strangely enough, even though I replaced the original wet bolts with the whole new EZ Flex system, I found that my old brass bushings were wearing thin after 30K on the road. So my upgrade was timely and not all that expensive by comparison. However, I did do all the labor myself.

Looking forward to towing with my new EZ Flex system on the fiver.

I looked at some of the more exotic new suspension systems, but was put off by the reviewers too often talking about they couldn't do this or that to their new system when they needed adjusting or repair. To me simpler is always better.

Good Luck which ever way you go.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Looking for feedback for someone that's using this new system on their 5th wheel. I would like their opinion of how much improvement is in the ride verses the standard equalizer. It's a bit spendy and I wondered if it is worth it. Dexter Axle - Trailer Axles and Running Gear Components - K71-653-00 E-Z Flex Complete Tandem Kit Thanks, rockin'

I have tnem on my 33' holiday Rambler. I have to agree it smooths out the bounce when you hit bumps in the road . There is two or three things every trailer should have.

#1 shocks on every axel
#2 some type of equalizer that softend the ride , I have the dexter EZ kits in mine. the brass bushing are a good idea and come with the kits only.
#3 a pin box that has fore and aft rubber dampening for big heavy trailer being towed by pick-ups.