Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2019, 12:39 PM   #85

Had 8K MORryde IS and disk brakes installed using Timkin bearings at MORryde for $6800.
They took measurements to make sure I was towing level after the install.

What a difference in stopping and trailer suspension, no bouncing of the trailer anymore.
Did this in prep for a trip up through Canada and Alaska this summer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181010_143457.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	361.8 KB
ID:	233193   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181011_100032.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	233194  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2019, 05:29 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc12 View Post
Had 8K MORryde IS and disk brakes installed using Timkin bearings at MORryde for $6800.
They took measurements to make sure I was towing level after the install.

What a difference in stopping and trailer suspension, no bouncing of the trailer anymore.
Did this in prep for a trip up through Canada and Alaska this summer.
Damn those look sexy.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:03 AM   #87
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
Well I didn't check the wiring close enough After untaping and removing the plastic shielding I found that the installer had not only wired the emergency breakaway through the blue wire but tied it into the yellow wire. He also splice 14 gauge wire between the pump and the power circuit. I just cut it all out and will do it over. I already have the new pump installed and will hook it up today. I should have investigated the wiring closer but I wanted a known to me working actuator anyway (The one they shipped me originally had been previously installed). I will let you know ...
OOPS!

Sounds like you need to have a discussion with the installer. The wiring isn't difficult but can be a bit confusing as to wire colors and routing as I found when I did ours. Also, check and use the recommended AWG wire and colors. That added a few surprise bucks to my project
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 05:24 AM   #88
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
OOPS!

Sounds like you need to have a discussion with the installer. The wiring isn't difficult but can be a bit confusing as to wire colors and routing as I found when I did ours. Also, check and use the recommended AWG wire and colors. That added a few surprise bucks to my project
I did and recommended they not allow that tech to do wiring work lol. For some reason in the past someone had run an addtional blue wire and ground for the drum brakes. Not sure why except maybe they were attempting to address the weak brakes. After getting the new pump in and getting it wired correctly everything works as advertised ! I am very happy to get to keep the factory controller. We will see how the brakes perform when we break camp this weekend.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:26 AM   #89
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
We will see how the brakes perform when we break camp this weekend.
Good deal!

Just don't forget to start low on the settings and work up. Long black skid marks on the road accompanied by a billowing cloud of smoke is embarrassing(plus flat spotted tires). Also, with that integrated controller unit, you will feel little or no effect at low application speeds.

Let us know how you like those brakes
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:06 AM   #90
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
Good deal!

Just don't forget to start low on the settings and work up. Long black skid marks on the road accompanied by a billowing cloud of smoke is embarrassing(plus flat spotted tires). Also, with that integrated controller unit, you will feel little or no effect at low application speeds.

Let us know how you like those brakes
Funny you say that because I spent thirty minutes trying to figure out why I was getting no power from the blue wire with the brakes applied. It suddenly hit me that since I wasn't moving It wouldn't do anything.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #91
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
We packed out today and I got to pull the Rv with the new brakes. They are awesome. Setting the gain at 6.0 is about perfect. I think I can almost stop better pulling it than without it.

Tags
brake