Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #29

Having trouble finding dish service sign up number

I called two different numbers. Both seemed to go dumb when I said it was only for an RV, not a house that would be moving around. They seemed to be from some "Stan" country with poor English. Both kept repeating the same number for install and equipment service. I called that number and was a no-go. Our local RV dealer can sell and install the equipment. I don't want portable on a tripod setting outside.

Anyone have their service that has a phone number?
deltam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2018, 09:00 AM   #30

Deltam, what are you wanting to order? You can get the Pathway X2 (my recommendation) or the Tailgater online at Amazon and once you receiver the equipment you can call dish and have your account setup. You can also add it to your existing account if you have one.

Links:
https://www.amazon.com/Winegard-Path...thway+x2&psc=1

The other option is to call Dish at 800-970-9021 and ask for Dish Outdoors or request the Tailgater/Pathway X2 system

Good luck
RoscoeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:08 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltam View Post
I called two different numbers. Both seemed to go dumb when I said it was only for an RV, not a house that would be moving around. They seemed to be from some "Stan" country with poor English. Both kept repeating the same number for install and equipment service. I called that number and was a no-go. Our local RV dealer can sell and install the equipment. I don't want portable on a tripod setting outside.

Start with calling these guys:

TVForMyRV.com

They're a reseller that has good prices on equipment and they can tell you how get your service hooked up. I researched quite a bit before buying my equipment and there are lots of happy customers on the RV forums that used them.

DISH has their own "sister company" that does the same thing called "DISH For My RV" but you will pay full retail for the equipment if you go thru them. The first link I gave will save you money and probably have better service anyway.
MattE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:26 AM   #32

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:

There used to be a dedicated number for Dish on the Go but that went away. Anymore, when I call to activate (or deactivate) and the person on the other end has no idea, I hang up and call until I find someone who is familiar with the program. Also seem to have more success when I can do it all on-line.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #33

Thanks for the advice. I was rushing to much it seems to try and get something while the camper was at the dealer to be picked up tomorrow.

The equipment and install price seems a bit high. I have tools and am able to climb up on top and do it myself if I have good instructions or a Youtube vid.

I was quoted 700.00 for a CARROUT G2 (whatever that is), roof kit, HDMI bluetooth splitter for 2nd TV, plus labor and shipping came to $1,947.78.

I'll just read a book or use rabbit ears till I get more advice. If that seems a reasonable price, I'll go for it at a later date.
deltam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:01 AM   #34

KZ RV Club
I ordered the Pathway X2 and the Wally through Amazon.com. Both were less than $600 even with the little stand that the X2 can sit on. (I didn't need it)

Once you get your equipment, call the number they provide and you are in business. The "basic package" from Dish is very basic. I opted for the better one, but be advised, their packages get expensive fast.
3thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #35

KZ RV Club
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I was rushing to much it seems to try and get something while the camper was at the dealer to be picked up tomorrow.

The equipment and install price seems a bit high. I have tools and am able to climb up on top and do it myself if I have good instructions or a Youtube vid.

I was quoted 700.00 for a CARROUT G2 (whatever that is), roof kit, HDMI bluetooth splitter for 2nd TV, plus labor and shipping came to $1,947.78.

I'll just read a book or use rabbit ears till I get more advice. If that seems a reasonable price, I'll go for it at a later date.

Save your money I got mine through CW (had the best price) even though I don't like shopping there. Tailgater $299 & free Wally receiver. Take it home and follow the instructions in the box. Simple setup, auto aims, etc. just point the handle North. Small setup fee when you call & options on programing. If you have Dish @ home it's an additional $7 monthly. If not the basic package is $35 & adding local channels $10.
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
is it $7 per receiver?

After a quick search this looked the right place to ask. I am getting ready to add dish to my motorhome (just got it at my house) and want to use 2 211 receivers, Ive got everything pretty much figured out or answered, but would like to clarify, is it $7 per receiver used? Seems like a logical question but having a heck of a time finding clarification.
Thanks
TNMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #37

Yes each additional single tuner receiver is $7.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:08 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3thumbs View Post
Does anyone have Dish network's automatic satellite finding dish and the "Wally"? They advertise their package as pay as you go but there seems to be a catch to everything. Some say it doesn't work well either. I am tired of the antenna's offerings.......old Mayberry etc.
I have a Winegard X2 and a receiver. I tag it off my daughters home Dish account. Works great, not very expensive and I like watching the antenna search for the satellites. You can turn it off when you want.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #39

3Thumbs. I have a Winegard Pathway X2 as well. I also have a Wally for the living room in my Jayco and a VP211 in the bedroom. I live in upstate NY near the NY,VT,MA, borders so I can only get two satellites (Eastern) Mine does work fine. But, the pkg. is pricey. I was getting local channels and was paying $65+ Now, no more locals and saved a bit of money. I found the best price as a combination from Camping World believe it or not.
Grafton Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:26 AM   #40

We are on Pay as you go also. We only use it if Verzion service poor. We use a Roku device and stream tv now.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish