Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #15

seeing this thread kind of got me thinking that i should have my wife become more active in some of the motorhome set up and take down. If something were to happen or she needed to perform the necessary task's, she will be prepaired.

BTW, i assume DW has something to do with the wife but what does that stand for?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Well James... I am not positive but I thought the DW stood for Dear Wife....
It might be something else, but I call my wife dear all the time so that is what I guessed it was.

Now some other guys my have another name for that acronym...

Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #17

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good post, makes me realize that while the DW drives the rig fine she has never gone near the sewer connection!

I bought a used, red mustang convertible (manual transmission) to ensure my daughters would learn to drive a manual. Worked like a charm! Most of their friends including guys can't drive a stick.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
seeing this thread kind of got me thinking that i should have my wife become more active in some of the motorhome set up and take down. If something were to happen or she needed to perform the necessary task's, she will be prepaired.

BTW, i assume DW has something to do with the wife but what does that stand for?
There is a whole thread on this .It means what ever you want ,dear wife ,
designated woman ,dumb woman ,just a few that I can think of . wouldn't use the last one out loud
Excell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
When DW and I got married, she didn't drive. When she got her permit to drive, I made her change a tire by her self, with me just telling her what to do. Made her check and fill oil, antifreeze, power steering, and brake fluid. At the time we had no emergency road service and car phones (what cell phones were first called remember??) weren't around. Did this for her safety while on the road by herself.
She also helps with any car repair, handing tools, tightening, loosening, installing, holding things from up top while I am under the vehicle and has learned over the years what makes a car tick! It's kinda comical that her siblings will call here to ask me what's wrong with their car, and SHE will tell them.
Of course she knows how to hook up the 5vr now, deal with the landing gear and levelers, and can and has pulled it.

Almost 25 years of wedded bliss now, and yes I know how very lucky I am and also Thankful each day to have her
bdwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #20
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Helen and all the unnamed DWs mentioned above make me proud to be a female RVer. I am solo and do all the setup and backing without help. Many times a gallant gentleman will try to help, but to be honest, I can do it faster alone and do better without the distraction of having to explain each step. I do appreciate the extra muscles occasionally, and the offered assistance, but I do it all without help most of the time.

I raised my daughter to be self sufficient and am proud of her independent spirit. In the late 80's we moved to the boonies of Oklahoma, bought 2 acres of land and built a 1200 sq foot house using help only for the slab, roof, septic system and electric work. That was back in my "if a man can do it, so can I" days. I quickly learned that most tools are sized for a man's hand, but with persistence an patience, I could do it.

Gents, NEVER underestimate your DWs ability.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:14 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrxx951 View Post
It's Darling Wife. not dear, or dumb... or dadburned. (dear, dumb, and dadburned are reserved for the DH's out there. ) :P
Old 04-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
It's Darling Wife. not dear, or dumb... or dadburned. (dear, dumb, and dadburned are reserved for the DH's out there. ) :P
I like darling wife!! and SC, that ref to DH..... that's a good one!!!

Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote