Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2015, 06:38 PM   #1

Dometic air conditioner E7 Code

Hello, all. I just bought a 2014 DRV Suites 5th wheel and set up camp at Winstar RV Park. Everything was good until the bedroom AC kicked off, showing a E7 code on the thermostat. The instruction manual shows that to be an interruption of 120v AC on the circuit board. I've checked all the breakers and fuses; they're all good. The 50a pedestal has 122v AC on each leg, so the park AC appears to be good. Any suggestions for an easy fix? It's only 102* here! 😜
tampabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2015, 11:35 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
If you unplug the shore cord to reset the power, did the A/C come on? The electrical interruption could be a loose wire connection anywhere from the shore cord plug to the air conditioner circuit board. Since you didn't report any other power interruptions or flickering power, I think you can eliminate the connections up to the breaker box. You could take the cover off the box and look for loose connections on the CB that powers the roof A/C. Next, go on the roof and take the covers off and make sure the connections to the AC power there are good.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
If you unplug the shore cord to reset the power, did the A/C come on? The electrical interruption could be a loose wire connection anywhere from the shore cord plug to the air conditioner circuit board. Since you didn't report any other power interruptions or flickering power, I think you can eliminate the connections up to the breaker box. You could take the cover off the box and look for loose connections on the CB that powers the roof A/C. Next, go on the roof and take the covers off and make sure the connections to the AC power there are good.
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll wait a couple of weeks for these high temps in the DFW area to subside, then go set up in a RV park and try to reset it. The day this happened, we had spent 4 hours on the PDI and it was working fine. It's probably nothing major, but I'm a total newbie to the RV scene. I'll check everything out once I get this thing out of the storage facility on a nice weekend.
tampabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:27 AM   #4

We have a 2014 Keystone Cougar 313rli with a single Dometic AC. The AC did not work after a few months when needed. A local DOMETIC DEALER replaced the entire unit under Dometic warranty. They issued a new 3 year warranty for the new unit and then a few months later offered an additional 5 year warranty for about $80. It has worked great this year. Dometic was quick to replace our entire unit, which leads me to believe that certain serial numbers may be known to be defective..

We used it almost every day in December in Florida and the eight year warranty is very reassuring.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:56 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Shoot Dometic a quick email or phone directly.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:31 PM   #6

Taking our new mobile suites in for the E7 error code on 2/3. It seems to be an intermittent problem on the heat pump portion. I will post the results.
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, dometic