Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #1

Dometic toilet spare parts

Have a Dometic 310 manual toilet- foot pedal type. 2 years old. Gets a lot of use on the road. Concerned of failure at some point -some remote location. Would like to know what "back up parts" one should have on hand ? Is there a replacement parts package or such available? Is there a common failure on these things?

Like to be preparred. Appreciate any advice,
Ray
rrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Only 2 years old I wouldn't be concerned. The first thing to fail would probably be the seal the ball rotates in. If that happens, the bowl won't hold water very long. Other than that, the water valve may wear out and start leaking. I just replaced all the working parts in my 14 year old Dometic when the seal wore out, while I was replacing it. Took about 30 mins and $100.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #3

I recently had a vac break fail on my 25 y/o Thetford. 1st fail ever, been RV'n since '80.
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have a replacement pack ready....

a complete Dometic 310 - new in the box - they are extremely reasonably priced when on sale
Old 09-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #5

Our previous unit's Thetford Lasted 15 years without any problem, but we only full time 3 years.
Now full timing for 3 years with a unit with a Dometic 210 in our new unit I changed the seal twice and ready to install the 3rd. I bought 3 seals the last time at a great price, so still have 2 spares. Its to find where I stored them Ha ha ha.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #6

toilet

Thanks to all for suggestions. Guess I will relax for a couple years and look for replacement pack, seals.

Ray
rrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #7

replacement parts $

some of you listed you got good prices on replacement parts for dometic toilets. where did you get yours from. i hate to pay to much . thank you.
wonderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic