Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2016, 11:21 PM   #43

Thanks for the rolling update.

Happy trails.

MtnTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #44

Just saw this post becoming active again. Although we were looking at the Luxe when we originally posted, in the end we bought an Ambition. Both are well made, but in our case the soft walls were a concern for us since we live with 2 cats who would probably want to claw their signature into them.

We have had the Ambition now for almost 8 months without any problems (knock on wood!!) We did the factory tour after we had bought our Ambition at a dealer and were still impressed even after the fact.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:49 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnandon View Post
... in our case the soft walls were a concern for us since we live with 2 cats who would probably want to claw their signature into them.
We too travel with a cat, but I'm not worried about her scratching the walls. When she was a kitten, she did damage a few screens in our S&B house chasing lizards and insects, but she seems to have grown out of that behavior. We have a couple scratch pads for her that satisfies her need to claw. We're lucky. She's a pretty good cat.

And by the way, our custom-built laundry room is the perfect place for the litter box. It has a Fantastic Fan and an air conditioning duct, so it's well ventilated. Plus, we have a "Clevercat" (brand name) litter box, which is a tall box that has a lid with a hole in it for the cat to climb through. It keeps the litter in the box instead of on the floor.

The soft touch vinyl walls are one of my favorite features on the LUXE, but they do have a down side. I've tried hanging small items on the wall using those 3M removable sticky hooks, but they don't grip the vinyl very well. After a while, even lightweight items fell off the wall taking the hooks with them. And I'm hesitant to put nails in the wall because you can't simply remove them later and patch the hole like you could if it was wood or drywall.

On the positive side, the soft vinyl does have a sound dampening quality that helps keeps outside noises outside (and vice versa). Plus, they are unique, attractive, and easy to keep clean.
Radio Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:47 AM   #46

Augusta has gone to a "Factory Direct Pricing" and eliminated their dealers. Does anyone know how their pricing works? Are they similar to dealers post an msrp then negotiate down 25-30%, or are they firm on the price?

Augusta is on my short list so any advice is appreciated.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:46 AM   #47

Our 2016 Jayco 4112 Seismic was totaled in the WVa flooding week before last., and we're in the market for a replacement. I was looking at a brand new 2015 Luxe, (at their factory), beautiful rig from the pictures...Listed at $99,755 or something like that..Even though unit is theoretically 2 yrs old, they wouldn't budge off their price. I would have had to go to the factory, not a problem, but when they wouldn't budge off the price of the 15', I ended up getting a MS 36RSSB3...The Luxe was awesome looking, and so is the MS..It's a 16' and they dropped the asking price on an "already reduced" price, as it is a "year old"...I think either way, one get's a great RV.

Sale pending..Waiting for insurance money from Progressive.

Jim
Old 07-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnandon View Post
Just saw this post becoming active again. Although we were looking at the Luxe when we originally posted, in the end we bought an Ambition. Both are well made, but in our case the soft walls were a concern for us since we live with 2 cats who would probably want to claw their signature into them.

We have had the Ambition now for almost 8 months without any problems (knock on wood!!) We did the factory tour after we had bought our Ambition at a dealer and were still impressed even after the fact.

Have you had it out in the summer heat yet?

We have a FR CC, in the summer quite and it usually doesn't keep the interior cool during the day.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:11 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Hauler View Post
Our 2016 Jayco 4112 Seismic was totaled in the WVa flooding week before last., and we're in the market for a replacement. I was looking at a brand new 2015 Luxe, (at their factory), beautiful rig from the pictures...Listed at $99,755 or something like that..Even though unit is theoretically 2 yrs old, they wouldn't budge off their price. I would have had to go to the factory, not a problem, but when they wouldn't budge off the price of the 15', I ended up getting a MS 36RSSB3...The Luxe was awesome looking, and so is the MS..It's a 16' and they dropped the asking price on an "already reduced" price, as it is a "year old"...I think either way, one get's a great RV.

Sale pending..Waiting for insurance money from Progressive.

Jim
Hey Jim welcome aboard! Just back from my site banishment. Are there any pictures that can be looked at from the place where you bought the MS?

Hope it all works out and we meet up this coming winter!!!
Old 07-06-2016, 03:31 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
Hey Jim welcome aboard! Just back from my site banishment. Are there any pictures that can be looked at from the place where you bought the MS?

Hope it all works out and we meet up this coming winter!!!
Im looking at the MS36RSSB3 at Tom Johnsons Camping World in Marion NC. It's a 2016..Also "teetering" with the Luxe Augusta LF 40 RE, which can be seen on the Luxe Augusta site..It's the 15'...a beautiful unit, but I thought at 99,755, it was over priced for 2 yrs old..though brand new and loaded (MSRP approx 156K).
Old 07-07-2016, 11:41 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
Have you had it out in the summer heat yet?

We have a FR CC, in the summer quite and it usually doesn't keep the interior cool during the day.

Yes it keeps the interior cool. The highest temp we have been in thus far was 93F, with a heat index of 97F. The interior temp was 76F in the LR/Kitchen area and 70F in the bedroom. The two areas are zoned separately.

Where we are there is no tree cover so this would be the worst case. Besides some good insulation that we saw during the factory tour, and dual pane windows, the side of the trailer that faces the sun most of the day has only one window. The windows tend to be the biggest factor in heating/cooling a trailer due to their limited R-Value.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #52

Why do people call it Heartland/Thor? Thor owns Heartland just like it does Airstream and the rest.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:35 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstravels View Post
Augusta has gone to a "Factory Direct Pricing" and eliminated their dealers. Does anyone know how their pricing works? Are they similar to dealers post an msrp then negotiate down 25-30%, or are they firm on the price?

Augusta is on my short list so any advice is appreciated.
If you go on the Augusta RV website, you can price out the rig exactly how you want it, and you will get the msrp and Factory Direct Price. I believe that price is firm, no dickering.

I think the best price you could get would be to find one on a dealers lot. There are still some around and they discount them pretty heavily. We bought our Ambition last fall at a dealer RV show, and the price was cheaper than if we had factory ordered.

Now all that being said, the factory is pretty open to modifications you might want performed. When we did the factory tour, they shoed us a number of mods people requested.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:02 PM   #54

If you go on the Augusta RV website, you can price out the rig exactly how you want it, and you will get the msrp and Factory Direct Price. I believe that price is firm, no dickering.

I think the best price you could get would be to find one on a dealers lot. There are still some around and they discount them pretty heavily. We bought our Ambition last fall at a dealer RV show, and the price was cheaper than if we had factory ordered.

Now all that being said, the factory is pretty open to modifications you might want performed. When we did the factory tour, they shoed us a number of mods people requested. __________________

Thanks Donna and Don, this was the information I was looking for.

Paul
Old 07-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan50 View Post
Why do people call it Heartland/Thor? Thor owns Heartland just like it does Airstream and the rest.
Heartland owns DRV but Thor owns Heartland.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:13 AM   #56

Luxe has a brand new 2015 LF40-RE in their inventory, one that I came within a hair of purchasing. MSRP is $156,853..asking price is $99,799...Won't be much budging off of that number...I know..but it's a beautiful rig and the Saleman, Steve Zonker (sp?) was a great guy to talk to and deal with...just wasn't able at this time to drive to Elkhart and back to possibly purchase this 5er.

Anyone interested, I could give you his phone number.

Jim